My MOTHER,My HERO

It was only 4 in the morning but from their house, Aling Silva can be heard humming already. This is her daily routine. She has to get up as early as she could to prepare for her family's breakfast and also to get ready for her work. She's a brave single mother raising herself the three treasures of her life. To provide for their needs she cooked "kakanins" and sell them at her workplace. She is a janitor/dishwasher in a small resto just walking distance from home. She can barely buy herself things she wants, she would always consider and prioritize her children's needs especially her youngest who is sickly.
Her eldest Normie is the one looking after her younger siblings Paco and Kat, at the age of 11. When Silva got back in the afternoon from work, she would prepare for supper and get her children ready for bed.
But, she would never think that something disappointing would happen. Because of the rising counts of people infected with the deadly virus, her workplace has to close for a few weeks until further notice, which means she would earn nothing aside from her "kakanins". Heading back home, the brave mother thinks of something that she could do to provide for their daily needs. She is now troubled and down with the situation. Movements of people are now being controlled also since they're on a community quarantine.
The next days of their life being quarantined are quite challenging, the food assistance from the government are already and she has nothing else to do about it but wait for the next wave. She can't go roam around her neighborhood selling her "kakanins" either because it is prohibited in these times.

While her children are asleep, Silva felt so broke and burst into tears, thinking about her children's future if this crisis continues. There is so much pain in her eyes, she took her phone and started looking for whatever could help her problems. She has read a lot of news about people blaming the government for them getting starve, quarreling about the food in stores, panic buying, etc.

She then came to a post of someone who is selling her ornamental plants. It gives her an idea. She then rushed to her yard, took pictures of her collection, and posted it on her social media account. After that, she got an invitation from a Barter Community. From there, she began bartering her unused belongings for some groceries and the basic needs of her children.

She never stopped finding solutions for her children amidst the pandemic. She remains strong and positive about life, no matter how hard it gets.

Lots of people nowadays are engaged in collecting different variations of ornamental plants, and it is a go for her. She has sold some of her collections and was known for her reasonable prices. She has started a small plant shop just by her house. She even collects more variations of plants to propagate. She also became an online reseller of onhand items from a friend, which gives her extra income.

The situation due to the pandemic has gotten worse but it does not stop her from fulfilling her duties as a mother.
Even if she loses her job for a while, she never loses her hope that they will surpass these trying times.

She is just an ordinary person, but an extraordinary mother who would always fight for her children.