Nefariously Numbing Nights

Start from the beginning

A voice ran out before I could properly thank him, "Seven past five from Stoatshead Hill."

In front of us was a pair of tired and grumpy-looking wizards, one of whom was holding a large gold watch, the other a thick roll of parchment and a quill. Both were dressed as Muggles, though very inexpertly: The man with the watch wore a tweed suit with thigh-length galoshes; his colleague, a kilt and a poncho.

"Morning, Basil," said Mr. Weasley, picking up the boot and handing it to the kilted wizard, who threw it into a large box of used Portkeys beside him.

"Hello there, Arthur," said Basil wearily. He consulted his parchment list. "About a quarter of a mile's walk over there, first field you come to. Site manager's called Mr. Roberts. Diggory, now let's see... second field, ask for Mr. Payne."

"Thanks, Basil," Mrs. Weasley said brightly.

We all marched on up a hill, Cedric and I walked together at the back of the group. We talked about our holidays and he was excited to meet with Andy next week. She had agreed to let him shadow her at St. Mungos for a day so he could decide if he really wanted to pursue becoming a healer. We talked more about Hogwarts and twenty minutes later we made it to the Weasley's campsite. I said goodbye to Cedric and we parted ways.

We had to walk up to a cottage where Mr. Weasley had to check in with Mr. Roberts who owned the land. He was a muggle and Mr. Weasley had to have Harry help him with the muggle currency. Eventually we were able to go to our tents, there were hundreds of tents set up in this campsite.

Many looked relatively muggle, but quite a few had chimneys sticking out of them. We passed one that made of silk and had peacocks outside of it.

"Ah, here we are, look, this is us." Mrs. Weasley stated as we reached the very edge of the woods. "Couldn't have a better spot!" said Mr. Weasley happily. "The field is just on the other side of the wood there, we're as close as we could be."

"Right," he said excitedly, "no magic allowed, strictly speaking, not when we're out in these numbers on Muggle land. We'll be putting these tents up by hand! Shouldn't be too difficult. Muggles do it all the time. Here, Harry, where do you reckon, we should start?"

It took Harry, Hermione, and Mr. Weasley to put them up. I thoroughly enjoyed sitting down, we had been walking for miles all day. I had never exercised so much in my life. Once the tents were up, we all crawled inside. The tents were charmed to be huge on the inside.

One tent was for the girls and one for the boys - I am glad that they are more boys than girls for once in my life. We had three-bedroom rooms in each tent. Ginny and Anya were sharing, Hermione by herself, and Nymphie would share with me once she got here.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione left to go find water, Mr. Weasley was in charge of starting a fire. I just curled up on the couch in the girls' tent and started reading my charms book. I was actually looking forward to this match to start. I could have hours- if not days - of uninterrupted reading time.

"Hey, you know the party is outside, right?" Fred stated as he entered the tent. Well looks like I won't get uninterrupted reading just yet.

"You know this is the girls' tent, right?" I quipped back and turned the page of my book.

"Charms? You're really reading school books in the middle of summer? In the middle of one the best Quidditch games of the world?" Fred plopped down beside me and grabbed the book from me.

I just scoffed and reached down into my bag and grabbed out my Transfiguration book. Fred swiped that one too. I then grabbed a herbology book. Fred had to pry that one from my hands, but he is a lot stronger than me. I just grabbed out my animagus book.