5

We all cheer after Kenickie says that and once we are done I reply.

Kayra:And besides your smoking habit...I don't know how i got so lucky to meet you.

   After that we all line up for a dance as the band sings.

🎶You don't remember me,But I remember you 't was not so long ago,You broke my heart in two,Tears on my pillow,pain in my heart,caused by you,you,If we could start anew I wouldn't hesitate,I'd gladly take you back and tempt the hands of fate,Tears on my pillow pain in my heart,Caused by you,you,you,you,you,Love is not a gadget,love is not a toy,When you find the one you love,he'll fill your heart with joy,If we could start anew,I wouldn't hesitate,I'd gladly take you back and tempt the hands of fate,Tears on my pillow,pain in my heart,caused by you, you,No,no,no,no now,no,no,no,You,you🎶

   Soon the stage is filled with Blanche and the band.

Blanche:Sshh.The Rydell Fight song!.

   The song plays as Principal Mcgee and Couch Calhoun dance up to the stage and soon they make it as everyone is cheering.

McGee:When you are finished...You will be happy to know that.I am not judging the dance contest.

Everyone cheers as she continues.

McGee:I think we all owe a round of applause to Patty Simcox and Eugene Felznik and committee
f

or their beautiful decorations.

Sonny:"Yells".Let's hear it for the toilet paper.

McGee:In a few moments the entire nation
w

ill be watching Rydell high.God help us and I want you all to be on your best behaviour.

Sonny:"Yells".No heinie-biting.

McGee:And now here he is the Prince of the Platters,Mr.Vince Fontaine.

   Everyone cheers but he doesn't show up.After a few seconds he shows up.He comes up to the stage and the drums roll as he does a little dance.

Fontaine:Hey it's great being here at Rydell High."To Mcgee".What's your name sweetheart?.

Everyone cheers and laughs.

McGee:And now for the rules.

Calhoun:Game rule one.All couples must be boy girl.

Woody:Yeah too bad Eugene.

Calhoun:Alright,alright.Come on.Game rule two.During the dance contest if you're tapped on the shoulder leave the floor or else.I mean it.

McGee:And rule three anyone doing tasteless or vulgar movements will be disqualified.

   Rizzo and Leo also known as Crater Face are fooling around.

Rizzo:That leaves us out.

Calhoun:Keep it clean please let's keep it clean.

Fontaine:Thank you fans and friends.Now a few words to the wise.You are my best pals.To look your best for the contest just have a ball that's all.Forget the camera keep on the beat give the folks at home a treat.Keep dancing that's showbiz.If I tap you step aside.Let the others ride.

???:Ten seconds.

Everyone:Nine,eight,seven,six,five, four,three,two,one.

???:On the air.

Fontaine:Welcome to National bandstand live from Rydell High School.This is what you're waiting for the dance off.Away we go with Johnny Casino and the Gamblers.

   The music begins to play and Me and Kenickie begin dancing.

🎶You ain't nothing but a hound dog,crying all the time(X1)Well you ain't never caught a rabbit,And you ain't no friend of mine,They said you were high class honey that was just a lie,Called you all high class that was just a lie,You ain't never caught a rabbit,And you ain't no friend of mine,She said she was high class honey that was just a lie,Called you all high class that was just a lie,You ain't never caught a rabbit,And you ain't no friend of mine,You ain't nothing but a hound dog crying all the time(X1)Well you ain't never caught a rabbit,And you ain't no friend of mine🎶

Fontaine:Now the event you've all been
waiting for the national dance off.Some guy and gal will getnsome fantabulous prizes.Don't feel bad if I tap you out.It don't matter if you win or lose it's what you do with your dancin' shoes.Does everybody here know Marty?.Ok cats throw your mittens round your kittens.Away we go!.

One of the band members come up to me.

???:Hey you know the hand jive?.

Kayra:Uh yeah.

???:Well we were told your a great singer so how bout you come on stage?.

   I look to Kenickie and he smiles and nods at me and i smile back at him.I follow the band member to the stage as the big decoration in the middle of the gym breaks.

???:Let's go let's hand-jive!.With singer Kayra Walker!.

I begin to sing along with the head singer.

Kayra:"Sings".Before I was born late one night,my papa said everything's alright
The doctor paid,mama laid down,with a semitone bouncing all around,Cause the bebop stork was about to arrive,Mama gave birth to the hand-jive.

   Kenickie stands in front of the stage watching me sing.

Johnny:I could barely walk when I moved to town,when I was three,I pushed a plow,While chopping wood I move my legs,and I started the dance while I gathered eggs,Bowed and clapped,I was only five,And I danced 'em all,he's born to hand-jive.

Kayra,Band:Oh yeah,yeah,yeah everybody
Born to hand-jive,baby, born to hand-jive, baby yeah!.

   I watch as a girl grabs Kenickie and begins dancing with him and he doesn't refuse.

Johnny:How low can you go,How low can you go,how low can you go,how low can you go,Higher,higher,higher and higher!.
Now can you hand-jive, baby, oh can you hand-jive, baby,Oh yeah,oh yeah,oh yeah, born to hand-jive,oh yeah!

   With Kenickie still dancing with the girl we make eye contact and i rush out of the school heart broken and angry he didn't refuse...As i walk home I look around the town.

Kayra:"Sings".Guess mine is not the first heart broken,My eyes are not the first to cry,I'm not the first to know there's,Just no getting over you,You know I'm just a fool who's willing,To sit around and wait for you,But baby can't you see there's nothing else for me to do,I'm hopelessly devoted to you,But now there's no way to hide,Since you pushed my love aside,I'm outta my head hopelessly devoted to you,Hopelessly devoted to you,Hopelessly devoted to you,My head is saying fool forget him,My heart is saying don't let go.Hold on to the end that's what I intend to do,I'm hopelessly devoted to you,But now there's no way to hide,Since you pushed my love aside,I'm outta my head hopelessly devoted to you,Hopelessly devoted to you,Hopelessly devoted to you.