Meeting you

Mahiru sat on a park bench looking at her most recent photos. Sighing she walked up the Reseve Course building to meet her friend. Walking by the fountain she noticed someone laying on the bench. Walking over leaning over him.

"Uhh-hello?" Mahiru said, looking at the ash brown hair with green eyes under her.

"Hi?" He responded sitting himself up.

"Why are you lying on the bench alone? Don't you have people to eat with?"

"Not really the reserve course isn't all sunshine like the main course." Sighing looking back at the girl hovering above him.

"I'm Mahiru Kozumi, Ultimate Photographer. Here I have an extra lunch." She reached it out waiting for him to take it. Feeling the pressure of the meal released from her hand she opened her eyes.

"Is this some kind of dare?"

"Nope." She sat down next to him opening her box. "What's your name?"

"Hajime Hinata."

"Nice to meet you Hajime." She took a bite out of her meal looking over at him. She pulled her hair out of his face. "So what do you do for fun?"

"I get through the day. I look at ways to get in the main course and bewitch you guys."

"Oh-," she put her hand up thinking, "when you get in I'll be excited to attend classes with you." There hasn't been a photo opportunity at all to think of a way to make him laugh. "Hey...Hajime, how's the meal?"

"It's good. I don't know why you all of a sudden handed it to me but I'll take it."

"Would you not do the same if you saw me lying on the bench?"

"Who knows?"

"Hey! That's not like a gentleman at all. Maybe next time I'll just chuck it at you."

"Is your throw as good as your photography?" She looked a little shocked but he laughed at the perfect opportunity. Pulling the camera from her sides she took a picture capturing the boy's smile. "Hey!"

"You were smiling, it gave me a perfect opportunity to take a picture. Most of mine are people smiling. Plus you look good in it. The lighting helped." She looked at the most recent photo in her camera roll. "See." She turned toward him leaning against him so he could get a clear view.

"Wow."

"It's nothing like my moms but I still think it's good. I'm not as good as the other ultimates in my class but I shouldn't complain to you. I just met you and it would be insensitive."

"I think it's lovely."

"You do?"

"Do you have any more?"

"Uh-yeah." She showed him her favorite photos from Ibukis concert and a photo shoot with Sonia.

"You've earned the name Ultimate Photographer, don't doubt yourself they're beautiful." He handed back the camera. "Are you sneaking up on me tomorrow too?"

"We'll see. I'll get some more photos of you." Handing her back the bento box.

"Welp see you later. As long as we don't have a food photo shoot I'll come again." Reaching out his hand pulling her off the bench.

"I'll see you tomorrow." She smiled waving him off as he walked away. Looking back down at her camera she knew her goal. The perfect photo would be the two of them in Hopes peak academy. Sato ran up behind her.

"Where were you." Sato asked, grabbing her wrist.

"I was eating lunch at the benches."

"Okay good I was worried Natsumi did something."

"I'm fine." She smiled at her friend crossing her arms behind her back. When she finally got home she looked at the picture. Why was he different.