chap. 36 || thunder

Start from the beginning

You couldn't believe Akaashi touched and also saved your life. Like—was this a dream? Or did you actually die and now you're in heaven right now seeing things?

Slapping yourself, you stood up, still shaking from the ground until your feet made its proper posture to stand without tripping down because of embarrassment. Instead, you quickly helped the two in arranging back the other stuff that fell along with you in the shelf.

Calm. You have to calm yourself down and not have a full heart attack right now and right here. It was going to be another disaster if you did. "I-I'm really sorry about this...!!" you apologized to the two, bowing to them non stop. Teshiro tried calming you down while Akaashi did the same.

"Oh no...it's alright. You don't need to apologize....umm...L/n...was it?" He asks with his gentle and smooth tone in voice. Oh god, theres a volcano inside you.

His voice was just something. It was so soothing that you felt like you were going to vomit out butterflies.

"Y-Yes!" You stuttered. "L-L/n F/n is my name, sir!"

"Uhh...Y-You don't have to call me sir..." Akaashi reassures. Teshiro smiled a little at the background. You were acting real strange right now. He hasn't seen you in this very and socially awkward state before.

"O-Oh...! O-ok...sorry..." you replied back to Akaashi's statement. Akaashi rose a hand, looking like a stop signal. "You don't have to apologize, it's alright. You can stop saying sorry now, L/n..."

"Oh....sorry..." you whispered.

Akaashi let out an angelic laugh.

Holy shit he laughed.

You felt like heaven was shining down upon on you and Teshiro. Even the new setter was mesmerized by him. Finally, your life had been completed in silence.

After his laughter stopped, Akaashi turned to the both of you and uttered, "Anyways, what are you two doing here? Is any one of you hurt?"

You and Teshiro both exchanged glances before flapping your left hands as the two of you shook your heads. "Nope...! Not at all, Akaashi-San...!"

"Then why are you two here?" Akaashi repeated his question again, this time in a more serious tone. Though his serious tone was hot. You weren't gonna lie to yourself. Stepping up in front, Teshiro answers very confidently that you two were here to heal an injured cat that you found outside during the rain.

As Teshiro said that, you can spot Akaashi's eyes widening a little in surprise. "A cat? You mean the cat that just ran outside earlier?"

"EH!?"

In a flash, you and Teshiro both looked at the table where the injured animal was last seen, and Akaashi was right. The cat wasn't there. It ran out of the infirmary.

You began to panic.

"Oh no...! It might piss all over the school!" You muttered to yourself while Teshiro was patting your shoulders. "Don't panic, L/n. We'll find that cat in no time. Look, it's still 4pm in the afternoon and the rain's still pouring. We have probably about...30 more minutes until practice starts."