14. Are you okay up there?

Start from the beginning

"I'm fine," I tell her with a broad grin, and it only made her roll her eyes at me.

"Wilder, give it a shot, please," She begs me.

"You told me the first time that it would be my destruction if I went for her," I remind my friend.

"Yeah, well," She bites her lip, not sure to say what is on her mind.

"I think you have already self-destructed yourself, Wilder," Lynda said, and I l clenched my jaw at her words, staring down at the snow that is resting on the cold ground.

"Yeah, probably," I sigh, handing over my cup to her.

"I'm just going to sit in the car for a little bit," I tell her, and she nods, understanding I need a moment for myself. 

"I have the key, but your car is open," She said.

"Okay," I replied. After stumbling through the snow and the rocks, I finally found the truck in the end. Luckily I did it before the alcohol started to kick in. I had to pull out the blanket from the bag to keep myself warm.

I stare into the dark of the night, falling into my abyss. A place I should call home by now. It's never-ending. I have tried every direction, but I can't find a way out of my black hole.

A light knock on the window made me open my eyes. Nico smiles lightly at me, and I indicate that she can get in. She closes the door behind her as she sat down in the driver's seat, and I noticed she was shaking rapidly.

"Here," I say, lending her the blanket.

"No, it's okay," She smiled while quivering. I roll my eyes as I threw it all over her.

"If I had the keys, I would have turned the warmth on," I apologized.

"It's okay. Your friend, Lynda, sent me here," She said and held out the key to my truck.

"Okay," I have no idea why she would do that. She knows very well that I'm trying not to be around her, and now Lynda sends her my way.

"She wanted me to take you home," She smiles at me.

"How is she going to get home?"

"She was going with someone named Anna," Nico said, unsurely if she said the right name.

"I can take you home, Wilder, I don't mind. I would do anything to get away from here, and I can always ask one of my parents to pick me up at your place," She shivered severely.

"Sure," I shrug, and she starts the truck.

"You have winter tires, right?" She asks me in a hurry, seemingly worried.

"Yes," I roll my eyes, and she relaxed back into the seat and started to take us away from this place. As we made it back to the main road, the car began to warm up.

"Wow," Nico said as we both felt the back tire slide a bit to the side.

"I don't trust your car," She told me, and I raised my eyebrows.

"You know what I meant, and I have no experience when it comes to driving in the snow," She tells me, and I can see how tense she is sitting, holding onto the steering wheel tighter than usual.

"I think you are doing well," I tell her calmly because she is; the truck tends to slide at times. My words earned me a smile from her.

It might have felt like forever, but she parks the car in the empty driveway. Dad always goes to my grandparents when he knows I'm out. Nico takes a deep breath as she slides down in her seat.