Chapter 83-The return of a old friend

Mulai dari awal

Natasha chased after him. "Elliott, wait up." Elliott slowed down letting Natasha fall in line with him.

The two walked out of the facility and into the open grass, they were met with Steve, Rhodes, pepper and Bruce.

Elliott looked up seeing carol bringing down a spaceship that rocket called the Milano. Carol carful landed the ship onto the grass, her eyes scanning the group walking up to the ship.

"She found them." Elliott mumbled quietly as the door the the ship dropped into a staircase.

Then out came Tony, being helped by nebula, one of Rockets friends. Steve ran over to Tony helping him step to the ground. Elliott felt so bad for tony, he lost a lot of weight, he looks like he hasn't slept in days.

"I couldn't stop him." This was the first time he's Hurd Tony's voice in years.

"Neither could I." Steve respond, tony stoped abruptly, looking at Steve with a sense of loss. "I lost the kid."

"Tony, we lost."

Pepper ran over to Tony, pulling him into a tight hug, the way they held each other was sad and beautiful, the two haven't see each other is so long.

Steve and pepper helped tony walked forward, Tony's eyes landed on Miller, but no rica next to him, every time tony saw Rica, she was always standing next to her dad. "W-where's rica?"

A tear fell from Elliott's eyes. "I lost her. And Wanda."

"I'm sorry." Tony looked at Elliott one last time before being helped into the avengers facility.

Elliott stayed close to Natasha as everyone walked into a living room, a few holographic monitors showing the earth and the people they lost.

Elliott stood near the back of the room, watching as everyone started to discuss the situation.

"It's been 23 days since thanos came to earth." Rhodey started everyone off.

"World governments are in pieces. The parts that are still working are trying to take a census and it looks like he did.." Natasha stoped briefly, looking over to Elliott.

Elliott sighed and continued for her. "He did exactly what he said he was gonna do." Elliott took in a deep breath. "Thanos wiped out 50% of all living creatures."

Elliott noticed a picture of rica and Wanda came up, and deep sadness washed over him and Natasha.

"Where is he now? Where?" Tony said from the table, in a wheelchair.

"We don't know. He just opened a portal and walked through." Steve explained their state of mind right now, no one knows.

Tony sighed before looking over to Thor. "What's wrong with him?"

"Oh, he's pissed. He thinks he failed. Witch, of course he did but there's a lot of that going around, ain't there?" Rocket spoke earning a nod from Elliott. "We all screwed up." Elliott said sadly.

"Honestly, until this exact second I thought you were a build-A-bear." Tony pointed to rocket. Who responded sadly. "Maybe I am."

"We've been hunting thanos for there weeks now. Deep space scans. . . And satellites, and we got nothing. Tony you fought him." Steve looked over to tony.

"Who told you that? I didn't fight him. No he wiped my face with a planet. . . While the bleecker street magician gave away the store. That's what happened. There's no fight, 'cause he's not beatable." Elliott knew the only thing that could happen now was that tony was gonna get real pissed off.

"Did he give you any clues, any coordinates, anything?" Steve asked.

Tony rolled his eyes making an irritated noise. "I saw this coming a few years back. I had a vision. I didn't wanna believe it. Thought I was dreaming."

"Tony, I'm gonna need you to focus." Steve stepped up.

"Am I needed you. I needed you and Miller! As in past tense. That trumps what you needed. It's to late, buddy. Sorry." Elliott eyes shot up, he walked over to the table standing on Natasha's left.

"You know what i need?" Tony pushed over a few cups and plates in angers "I need to shave."

"And I believe I remember telling all youse." Tony ripped out his IV from his arm. "Alive and otherwise, that what we needed was a suit of armor around the world. Remember that? Weather it impacted our precious freedom or not. That's what we needed."

"Well, that didn't work out, did it?"

"Steve..." Elliott warned them man.

"I said we'd lose. You said 'we'll do that together, too." Tony looked at Elliott. "And you said 'a pack will always stick together' and guess what, cap? Miller? We lost. And you weren't there." Elliott could only watch in sadness as his friend showed all the hatred he had at him.

Rhodey was walked over and grabbed onto tony. "But that's what we do, right? Our best work after the fact? We're the "avengers." We're re the "avengers," not the "pre-vengers." Right?"

"Okay. You made your point. Just sit down, okay?" Rhodes did his best at calming tony but it didn't work.

"No,no, here's my point. You know what? She's great by the way." Tony pointed to carol. "We need you. Your new blood. Not a bunch of old mules." Tony broke free from Rhodey's grasp and walked over getting into Steve's face. "I got nothing for you, cap. I got no coordinates. . . No clues, no strategies, no options. Zero. Zip. Nada. No trust, liar." Elliott could tell this hurt Steve, but Steve wouldn't show it.

Tony yanked out the triangular reactor on his chest and slammed it onto Steve's hand. "Here take this. You find him, you put that on, you hide." As soon as tony finished he fell onto his knees. Everyone panicked watching the Once strong men fall down.

"Tony." Elliott panicked trying to help him.

"I'm fine." He wasn't fine and fell to the floor passing out in exhaustion.

"Come on man."Elliott sighed, with the help of Steve the two took him to a different room so Bruce can help him and so he could get the rest he needed.