Chapter 78-let's go home

Start from the beginning

UPSTATE NEW YORK.
AVENGERS FACILITY.

A sense familiarity washed over Elliott, over the small team, as they walked through the halls of the avengers facility. "Really brings back memories, doesn't it?" Elliott mumbled quietly.

"It sure does." Rica answered from behind him. Wanda holding onto her hand.

Elliott walked in the middle of Natasha and Steve, while Sam was helping vision walk.

They continued to walk till they found Rhodey, talking to a hologram of secretary Ross.

"Mr. Secretary." As always steve was polite.,

The team came to a stop a few feet from the hologram. "You got some nerve. I'll give you that." Ross walked closer to the group.

"You could use some of that right now." Natasha sassed back. Elliott grinned at Natasha's response whispering "that's my girl" under his breath.

Ross moved over looking straight at Elliott. "Miller, you're lucky, I will give you that."

Elliott rolled his eyes. "Shut the hell up." Elliott ordered strictly.

"I'm sorry what did you just say to me?"

"I said shut the hell up. You caused enough trouble for me and my daughter. We cleaned up one of your guys a few months ago. Just be lucky we didn't find you, because I would hate to see what a angry pack would do to someone like you." Now it was Natasha's tern to grin and whisper. "That's my man."

Ross glared at him for a second before looking at Steve. "The world is on fire. And you think all is forgiven?" Ross moved over, standing in front of Steve.

"I'm not looking for forgiveness. And I'm way past asking for permission." Steve glared at Ross. "Earth just lost her best defender. So we're here to fight." Steve dropped down a step getting closer to Ross. "And if you wanna stand in our way. . . We'll fight you too."

Ross didn't say anything, he only looked at the group with anger before turning to Rhodey. "Arrest then."

"All over it." Rhodey moved his hand getting rid of the hologram. "That's the court-martial." Rhodes smiles looking at Steve. "It's good to see you cap."

Rhodey shook Steve's hand, Natasha stepped down pulling Rhodey into a friendly hug.

"Rhodes." Elliott smiled pulling his friend into a hug. "Miller." Elliott has long done forgiving Rhodey after the accords situation.

Rhodes let out a comfortable sigh as he looked around at the group. "Wow. You guys really look like crap. Must've been a rough couple of years."

"Yeah, well, the hotels weren't exactly five star." Sam
Joked nodding his head to Elliott. "Also having to share with a wolf is not all that fun."

"Uh, I think you look grate." That voice, Elliott hasn't Hurd that voice in year's. They all turned to see Bruce walk from behind a wall. He chuckled nervously as he walked forward. "Yeah, I'm back."

"Hi Bruce." Natasha greeted warmly.

Elliott chuckled crossing his arms over his chest. "Hay buddy, good to see you again." Elliott smiled.

Bruce only nodded as everyone stayed quiet, rica didn't find it amusing as she looked over at Sam. "This is awkward, right?"

"Yeah, totally."

Everyone sooner then later walked into a different room, a large living room to be exact.

Elliott stood by a book shelf listening to the rest of the team talking, he was distracted by a few pictures of the team together, this made his slightly sad. And a certain small black box.

"We gotta assume they're coming back, right?" Rhodes questioned.

"And they can clearly find us." Wanda spoke, her accent very noticeable as she was slightly tired.

Rica wasn't in the best state of mind, so she found comfort on a couch in wolf form. "They found us in Edinburgh easily." She mumbled.

"We need all hands on deck. We're's Clint?" Bruce asked looking around the room.

"After the whole accords situation, he and Scott took a deal. It was too tough on their families. They're on house arrest." Natasha confirmed, Elliott walked back over to the team, standing next to Natasha.

"Who's Scott?"

"Ant-man."

"There's am ant-man and a spider-man?"

Elliott nodded. "You missed a lot buddy."

"Okay look. Thanos has the biggest army in the universe and he is not going to stop until he gets visions stone."

"Then we have to protect it." Natasha spoke up.

"No, we have to destroy it." every turned over to look at vision. "I've been giving a good deal of thought to this entity in my head. About it's nature. But also it's composition. I think if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful source... something very similar to its own signature, perhaps... it's molecular integrity could fail." Vision looked over to Wanda, he was stern with his words wanting this, but Elliott wasn't going to lose another friend.

"Yeah, and you with it. Vision we can't do that." Rica beat Elliott to it.

"Eliminating the stone is the only way to be certain that Thanos can't get it."

"I'm sorry vision but rica is right. That's to high a price." Wanda spoke up worriedly.

"And only you have to power to pay it." Wanda shook her head in disagreement. "Thanos threatens half the universe. One life can not stand in the way of defeating him."

"But it should." Steve said quietly. "we don't trade lives, vision."

"Captain, 70 years ago, you laid down your life to save how many millions of people? Tell me, why is this any different?"

"Because you might have a choice." Elliott stepped forward looking over to Bruce.

Bruce nodded at Elliott, continuing. "Your mind is made up of a complex construction of overlays. Jarvis, Ultron, Tony, me, the stone. All of them mixed together, all of them learning from one another."

"So, your saying vision is more then just the stone?" Rica's brown wolf ears flinched in Curiosity.

"I'm saying that if we take out the stone, there's still a whole lot of vision left, perhaps the best parts."

"Can we do that?" Natasha question.

Elliott sadly shook his head. "Bruce may be a Guinness but he can't do it. No offense."

"None taken."

"And besides we can't do it here, we don't have the resources." Elliott looked around the room sadly.

"Well, you better find someone and somewhere fast. Ross isn't just gonna let you guys have your old rooms back." Rhodes said quickly looking primarily at Elliott.

Elliott let out a breath of air from his nose looking over at Steve knowingly. "We know a place."