Hell Begins

Hell Begins

I stumbled in to the room smashing my head on the floor, groaning I stood up my head banging with pain, as I raised my eyes I reeled back a moment, right in front of me stood five people, normal, alive human beings with torn clothes and cuts across their faces legs and arms. Each of the people had black large pistols aimed right at my head. My legs took a step back towards the door when one of the men shouted “Hey you stand right there and don’t move” I raised my hands in the air and stood, bewildered what was going on? Were had these people come from “Look, please I really don’t want any trouble I’m just here to get food and then go back to where I was camping, so if you’ll kindly let me just get out of here I would appreciate it” One of the people a middle aged man with white skin and glasses moved towards me and put his gun right to my face “No, how about you look, as you can see we are not killers, we don’t wannna hurt you or anything like that we just want to look after our own and make sure no one gets hurt, I’m sure you can understand our cause for concern here can you not?” I winced as the gun came closer towards my face “Yes I understand but I’m exactly the same as you I was camping out on the hill at the edge of town with my friend, you can come with me if you want” The man lowered his gun and moved a few steps back One of his friends a woman with black hair and white skin  shouted at the top of her lungs “You can’t possibly think about letting him go what if he comes back here in the night and KILLS US ONE BY ONE I vote we should kill him, just save our own asses for one day not another persons” The woman paced towards me raising her gun towards my face I walked back to the door when she ran at me and put the gun to my face “ No carol DON’T DO IT” a third man jumped at carol pulling her backwards her gun backfiring at the door, suddenly there was a crash from behind us, “They’ve gotten in the middle aged man screamed, Carol pulled herself up from the floor rubbing the dirt of her clothes as she back away from me “we should have shot him when we saw him outside, or as soon as he  got in here” The middle aged man stepped towards carol “Carol SHUT THE HELL UP you are not helping us out here by complaining so be quiet and help us get out of here” Carol moved towards the back of the room with a look of hate on her face, the middle aged man shouted across the room at me “How the hell did you get in here anyways we may be able to get out of her” An idea came to my mind, the smash had come from the door nearest to the owners office, that I came in from if we could just get in there then we could escape through the roof, I Shouted my plan across the room to the middle aged man “Ok then that’s our only option we are gonna have to get out that way then, by the way the names David,  now let’s go everyone follow me and the new guy”

We ran in to the open corridor walkers were forcing their way through the door trying to get in I slammed the office door open, David quickly followed me, David went up the ladder first then the other man dressed In a white shirt and shorts, The final man was halfway up the ladder when Carol stopped running, panting “SCREW this he’s probably leading us to our deaths, are you people insane following him around? get some sense it’s a trap, now I don’t care what you do but I’d rather go back there and die than follow him to my eventual death of pain” The other woman middle aged with grey hair and shirt on stood in front of the door “You aren’t damming yourself to death Carol no matter who this man is I won’t allow suicide” Carol stepped towards the woman and grabbed her by the hand pulling her away, I jumped from the ladder and dashed at full speed to Carol jumping on her, she smashed me in the face causing me to fall over and roll beside her, Carol stood up and threw

 me in to the desk punching me relentlessly her fist caving in my cheek time after time causing blood to spew out of my nose and my mouth, my face was a bloody mess, before the man who was  halfway up the ladder jumped down and grabbed her from behind and forced her on to the ladder making her climb, I picked myself up and ran towards the ladder I was almost up when I heard a scream, my heart skipped a beat we had completely forgotten about the other woman I looked back to see a walker grabbing her neck tearing her neck open spitting out chunks of flesh clawing at her face tearing her cheek of making her mouth visible through her empty hole of a cheek. I ran towards the walker and smashed it with my bare fists, falling through the door and the woman alongside me the walker let go of her as I caved its face in blow after blow throwing blood and bone everywhere. I picked the woman up and ran towards the ladder David and the others pulled me up and lifted me in to the outside world.

The rain was smashing itself down now every drop felt like a blow to the face as we descended from the roof onto the now empty streets. As we walk through the streets the fog sets itself in blinding our vision, the rain lashing down onto empty houses of people I used to know, used to love used to hate. The woman in my arms was losing blood fast we set her down in a house the woman was laid down, “What’s her name” I asked David “Susan, Susan betterstone” I sighed releasing my pain to the world David ripped some of his shirt of handing it over to me I threw it over her cheek and throat, her breathing was becoming strained, it was at that moment I knew she wouldn’t last much longer. My eyes glanced around the room David was sitting next to me rubbing his wet hands across Susan’s face, Carol is sitting in the corner alone her head in her hands, another man was sitting on the couch trying to cool down after everything that had happened, blowing air into his hands for warmth, The final man whom had jumped down to grab carol and drag her away from me was sitting In the corner sobbing quietly maybe he as well knew that Susan wasn’t going to make it, maybe they were related mum and son he looked young enough to be her son and she looked old enough. The room was quiet except for the rain lashing down outside and the sobbing of the man in the corner. There was a small TV and a couch opposite it with a frame of the family who had lived here before hanging above the TV on the wall, there was a large middle aged black man with his wife and daughter smiling in to the camera. I walked over to the corner with David “She isn’t going to last mush loner, so who shall do it me or you? I’ve got one bullet let in my pistol if you want” David looked at me shaked his head and replied “No we take care of our own” I nodded as he took the gun from my hand and walked over to Susan I turned and stared at the picture of the family smiling. I sunk my head in to my hands as the bullet came banging out of the pistol and extinguished what life had been left from Susan out of this world forever.