Chapter Seventy Four

The news of Katie Bell and the cursed necklace travelled through Hogwarts like rapid fire. Even the Slytherins, who had no interest in the personal lives of any house except themselves, continuously whispered about the event in the common room that evening.

Whenever I had tried to talk to Draco about the whole situation however, he always just agreed with everything I had to say. I doubt he even listened to me half of the time.

"I think Voldemort apparated into the bathroom, gave Katie the necklace, and then danced out of the pub," I tell Draco one day whilst sitting in his dorm with him. The rest of the Slytherins are at dinner but we decided to skip the meal and have the evening to ourselves.

"Mhm," Draco says mindlessly, nodding his head.

"You little git!" I exclaim, smacking him lightly on the head. "You haven't been listening to a word I've been saying, have you?"

Draco shrugs. "I don't care to continue the conversation. The Katie Bell story is so old."

"She could've died! And we don't know who did it? Doesn't that frighten you?" I ask, shocked at his lack of empathy towards the girl.

"Don't you know I know that she could've died?" Draco asks furiously, standing up. "And it would've been all my fault! Oh my god — I almost killed her, Amelia! Her death would've been my fault," He says, his voice in a whisper. He puts his head in his hands, but I don't think he's crying just yet.

"Why did you do it?" I ask soothingly, nestling my way under his arm and grabbing his large hand with two of mine.

"It wasn't for her . . . I gave it to her and told her to give it to Dumbledore. I thought — I thought it would be easier to just get it done and over with you know?" He asks, his eyes welling with tears. "But it isn't easy! I can't get out of this. I have to kill someone," He sobs harder into my shoulder.

My heart breaks for the broken boy beside me. It hurts that I'm in the same position he is. It hurts that I have to watch him cry while I can't do anything about it. It hurts that he's painted as the bad guy when he's stuck in a situation he has no choice to be in.

"I'll do it," I whisper quickly.

Draco's head shoots up, his silver eyes blurred with tears. "No. I won't let you," He says shakily.

"Maybe we don't have to," I whisper softly. "Maybe if we wait long enough everything would be better."

******

TW: Sexual activity. 13+.

Draco and I continue sneaking to the Vanishing Cabinet every day for the next two weeks and we continue to make absolutely no progress.

"This is pointless!" Draco yells angrily after several hours of failing whilst punching the wall with his fist.

"Shh!" I instinctively chastise, "Someone might hear you! We need to be quiet," I tell him.

"We might as well just let the Dark Lord kill us and save us the time," Draco laughs coldly.

"You don't mean that." 

Draco leans against the wall and slowly slides down it, so that he's sitting down with his knees against his chest. I walk over to him and sit beside him. The two of us sit in silence for a couple of minutes before he speaks again.

"I don't know how you like me," Draco confesses. "I made you a Death Eater, I've been rude to you and your friends, and I'm a terrible person. I almost killed Katie Bell and you're still with me."

"I'm not leaving you, Draco. Not now, not ever," I tell him, a ghost of a smile playing on my lips. The thought of staying by him forever makes me smile.

"Sometimes I wish I could start over in life, with a completely new family and background. I wish I could be good for you," He whispers, his voice breaking.

"You're perfect for me," I tell him.

Draco turns his head to look at me in the eye. He reaches his hand to stroke my cheek. Before I know it, his lips press against mine.

The two of us stand up, and he slams me against the wall with passion and desperation. His hand wraps around my neck and the prolonged kisses continue.

His lips move from my lips down to my neck. Aggressively, he nips my skin, surely to leave hickeys everywhere. I bite my lip to stop my moans.

"Let me make you feel good," Draco purrs.

Without another word, he rips my panties off and sits me down on a nearby couch. Bending down, his tongue begins to swirl around my lower abdomen. Unable to help myself this time, I scream with pleasure before quickly covering my mouth.

"You taste so good," Draco moans.

"Better than Pansy?" I tease, throwing my head back in pleasure after he continues.

He doesn't answer verbally, but instead continues to swirl his tongue more aggressively and rapidly.

A crash from outside interrupts us, causing us to both quickly stand up. The two of us re-dress and exchange nervous looks to each other.

Draco intertwines his hand with mine, slowly leading us to the door so that we can listen to what's going on outside. I exchange a nervous look with him before turning to face the door.

"No one's outside," Draco assures me, giving my hand a squeeze. "I reckon it's just Filch being a clumsy git."

He gives one more tentative look outside before the two of us split ways — me going West and him going East.  The butterflies in my stomach increase as I giddily skip down the corridor like a teenager in love.

Oh my Merlin, I am a teenager in love.

I love Draco Malfoy?

My face pales and I stop in my tracks as I come to a wonderful yet petrifying conclusion —

I am in love with Draco Malfoy.

——-

This is cute aw

This is my second book I've written and my first romantic fanfiction so let me ask — have I progressed the relationship well so far?