XXV. Now

A year had passed since the day Keirstine and I became an official couple. And through those year, we both experienced things that are memorable and heartbreaking.

Within that year also, I lost the two precious person in my life. I was visiting Keirst that time when Nick suddenly called me. He was devastated that time and his voice broke a couple of times when he told me that the plane our parents were in had crashed in the airport while landing.

I felt my knees weakened and I dropped my phone. Keirst continued talking to Nick as I breakdown in her arms. I thought that it'll be the best day of my life because we were planning to have a dinner together with Keirstine that night.

I wanted to introduce her to my family when they come home but I was the one surprised by the news.

I remember how my father laughed when I told him that I had a girlfriend and I wanted to introduce her to them. He laughed because at last, I have taken into interest with my love life. But he seems shocked when I told her that it was Keirstine.

He became serious and advice me things I will always remember.

She's a strong girl but she's fragile too, son. She have no one else in this world and I'm glad she now have you. Take good care of her or else me and your mother will get mad at you.

We were talking in my room that time when Mom came in, suspicious as to what we were talking about seriously. I told her the news and she was furious. I can still remember her first words clearly.

You should've told me first!

She said as she looked at Dad annoyed. Dad and I burst out laughing that moment.

They wanted to meet her again and I promised them that I will soon.

When I finally settled the date, I never thought that it will never happen. If I knew then I should've done that the next day right away.

The crash that had happened had a few survivor and that includes a little girl that my mother had recently adopted.

They went to the Philippines went they've heard that my mother's sister died. They went there and processed the papers of my cousin. They met Mr. Perce there who is in a business venture. But they never made it alive in the crash.

Keirstine went home with me that same day. I know she's feeling anxious while driving my car but I am glad she was there that whole time for I was just too aloof that time.

I ran when we reached the hospital. There, we saw Nick and Aya. Nick was breaking down and Aya was consoling him. With that scene, my heart clenched tremendously. I can't take another step closer to them for I am afraid.

Please let it be just a dream.

I pleaded and pleaded but it wasn't.

Keirst and Aya both processed the papers while Nick and I were both just sitting there and mourning silently. I didn't know much that happened but the next time I know, Keirst and I were in a room looking at a child sleeping with bandages in her head and lots of apparatuses connected to her.

I don't know how we made it through those months because that was the hardest time of my life. Keirst stayed with me throughout those times in Louisville and I grateful for her presence. She made me sane through that tough time.

I become the only direct family member of Martha Louisse Collins. A five-year-old little girl. She's smart and very active but there's something in her records that made me shock. She's diagnosed with Alexander's disease.

Her doctor in the Philippines had advise my mother that time that hospitals here in US are more capable of curing such disease for its advanced technology but my mother did not had the chance to tell me.