Two

The next day I was on my way to the mall just for some shelter, it was about mid-day and I wanted to take a nap and sometimes if there were enough cars I could nap under one of them.

When I reached the mall there were plenty of people going in and out a group that caught my attention was a group of seven people - four boys, three girls. The first boy had a pair of red glasses on, letter jacket and had his arm around a red head with a orange jacket on. The next two boys were talking amongst themselves while including the others, one was all blue with a tail the other had on a silver reflective jacket, silver hair and a pair of goggles on his head. The last boy had blonde hair, a letter jacket and white feather wings that looked like an angels.

The three girls looked like complete opposites the red heads hair was straight and down, she was wearing an orange jacket and a blue shirt, the other girl had dark hair that from here could be classified as black, a bring yellow jacket, and the last girl had darker skin and white hair that was in a mohawk, she was wearing dark jeans and a light gray jacket. They were an unusual group to say the least.

I knew they were mutants it's obvious from the guys wings and the blue guy, what I decided to do probably wasn't the best choice but I followed them, well following them means you didn't get caught they saw me very quickly, I think its cause one the girls are teenagers and probably love puppy's and two I was a little dog in a mall full of people it would've been hard to miss.

The girl with the yellow jacket saw me first and squealed, she tapped the red heads shoulders quickly and pointed at me,. By now the whole group saw me the red head stepped forward slowly showing me her hand and giving gestures that said I'm not a threat.

I slowly walked forward and smelled her hand, when I decided she was fine I licked her hand, she slowly moved her hand to behind my ears and scratched, a growling sound made its way through my mouth and she retracted her hand. I guarantee in that moment I looked like a kicked puppy.

' Wait I liked that, why are you taking your hand back ' I whined.

The red head chucked and went back to scratching my ear, wait she did what I asked.

' Can you hear me? ' I asked her "yes I can, I'm Jean" she responded with a soft smile, the others were looking at us weirdly.

' Who are they ' I asked ' well Warren is the one with wings, Kurt is the blue one, Peter is the one with silver hair, Scott is the one with glasses, Ororo is the one with white hair mohawk, and Jubilee is the one in the yellow coat '

I looked at Scott weirdly and stuck out my tongue, he chuckled and rolled his eyes. Jean picked me up and let me, I looked at her weirdly ' where are we going? ' I ask "you are going to come to the school with us then I can ask the professor if I can keep you" ' keep me, I'm a person, I know I don't look like one but I am. I have my rights! ' I started squirming in her arms and she laughed at my ridiculous outburst.

' Look I know your a mutant and if you want to shift into your human from you can but if not I'll let you stay in my room, I'm sorry about what you went through nobody deserves to go through that.'  She looked at me with kindness, it's been to long since I had been looked at like that.

' Thank you, I'm Asher '

The group had been moving towards the car they brought here, it was a jeep that fit four people. "Okay we'll meet Warren, Peter, and Kurt at the school" while they took off the girls and Scott off in the car, Jean kindly set me down in her lap.

"What are we going to call you?" Jean asked out loud ' I told you my name ' I said staring up at her, she just let me. I don't know when but somehow I had fallen asleep in the car so I woke up to Jean carefully picking me up and setting me on the ground.

Warren looked at me and Peter quickly got down on one knee and pet me, he then zipped away and came back with a ball. I mentally rolled my eyes ' of course one of you want me to play fetch ' Jean silently laughed, although with my enhanced hearing I could hear it.

Peter through the ball then looked at me I however just sat down then tilted my head as if saying really. Scott and Jubilee, who was watching the whole ordeal laughed, Warren and Ororo smirked and Peter just looked defeated and pouted.

A/N sorry I haven't updated in a while, with the whole online school I had to do a lot more homework that I would like so I'll try to update more.