Chapter 1: The Kat's back

“Oh so, I grabbed you at the wrong time,” she said and I can just tell she’s biting her nails right now.

“No you didn’t and stop biting you’re nails,” I said scolding her, as I walked up the flights of stairs till I reached the top floor.

“How did you know I was biting my nails?” she asked kind of confused.

“Felicity we have been best friends since we were 18. I know about all you’re weird habits and weird friends,” I said referring to how she is friends with Olivier Queen AKA The Arrow.

“Yeah and I don’t have weird friends,” she answered kind of offended.

“Felicity, what is your friend or should I say who your friend is,” I answered as I reached the top floor and began to open my apartment door.

“Hey and you know Olivier is still not pleased on how you found out about… him,” she said quietly and then I realised she must be at work.

“Oh my god Felicity am I on speaker, because you have to be at work and you’re Olivier’s receptionist, assistant type person,” I said not really knowing what her job is.

“Yes and he wanted to know why you were there that day,” she said urgency clear in her voice.

“I was there because I thought it was my sister and lucky I was otherwise Olivier wouldn’t be alive right not,” I said smugly into the phone as I dropped my bags on the couch and keys on the counter.

“Yeah, any luck on finding where you’re Mum keeping them,” Felicity said understanding how hard my situation is.

“No, but thanks Felicity for saying you would keep an eye out for them,” I said thanking her for all that’s she’s done being there for me.

“No problem, us blondes need to stick together,” she said jokingly into the phone.

“Even if you’re not a natural blonde,” I heard her gasp which made me laugh slightly. “Bye, Felicity, Ollie and Diggle,”

I said knowing that they were all there.

“Bye Kat,” they both said and then the line went dead.

I looked around my apartment and sighed.

Living alone yet again. After I got changed and had a shower my phone went off yet again telling me I had a text.

It was from Joe, Joe West.

‘Need you at the precinct earlier than we originally thought’

I smiled at this cause that meant I could see Barry than I originally planned on.

‘On my way,’ I sent back, while grabbing my jacket, bag, phone and keys.

My heels clicked on the way down the stairs, I called cab and told the driver to take me to the police department.

Once I arrived there I saw Iris about to go in but Stopped when she noticed me.

“Oh my god, Kitty Kat,” she said using the nickname she gave me when we were little.

“Don’t call me that Iris,” I said as I gave my oldest best friend a hug.

“Sorry, but it’s been so long, I’ve needed a girl friend to talk about stuff with,” she said as she let go of the hug. “And not have to go to these things with Barry. That is yours guys thing,”

 “But isn’t it exciting,” I said.

“Sure in yours and Barry’s little nerd world,” she said and then looked at my shirt. “Or should I say geek,”