C H A P T E R 4

Beginne am Anfang

"haera, don't go there."

"but why? it's younghoon oppa." she says.

"just don't---" before i could even pull her back, she ran off towards the tall male with a bright smile on her face. "oppaaaaaa!~" she calls out while running.

oh goodness.

i didn't have a choice but to follow after her.

I walked towards them and heard them talking. I cleared my throat and they immediately stopped and turned to look at me, "hello hyung. nice seeing you here." i said with a smile.

"nice to see you too." younghoon hyung replied, the sarcasm was evident in his voice.

"oppa, what are you doing here? are you getting a tattoo?" haera says with a raised brow.

younghoon hyung gently shook his head, "ani. i'm here to accompany my boyfriend and his sister, chanhee's getting his second tattoo while his sister's getting her first. what a brave girl, she just got over a terrible breakup." younghoon says with sad eyes, that were absolutely fake-looking.

"aweee! poor girl. hope she gets well soon." haera says with a pout.

someone's trying to get in my nerves and he said one sentence and no point denying when it actually pisses me off.

"it's not like she's sick or whatever. it's just a breakup." i mutter, but it was loud enough for them to hear.

"now that isn't nice." haera crosses her arms, "the girl went through a terrible breakup and you talk about it like it's nothing. she felt pain, she probably cried." she added.

yeah. you're actually sympathizing the girl you yelled at for spilling drink on your gucci. i thought and mentally rolled my eyes.

"you know what, get yourself some boba. i'll meet you there. i just need to have a word with younghoon hyung." i said with a small smile, handing her a credit card which she happily took.

she leaned in and kissed my cheek, "don't be too long or i'll be lonely." she said and started walking away, but stopped midway, "see you later younghoon oppa!" she waved and smiled brightly and away she went.

"i'd rather not see you again." i heard hyung mutter.

"just what are you trying to do, hyung?" i asked.

"trying to do what, sunwoo?" he asked with an innocent smile.

"mentioning nahi in front of my girlfriend! seriously, hyung are you out of it or what?" i asked, annoyed.

he smirked, "i didn't mention nahi, you know. haera doesn't know shit about your friends, neither does she anything that much about you. she wouldn't know, unless they've met." he said.

they did. "no. you're right. they haven't, but still! why mention her?" i asked.

he laughed. he freaking laughed and said, "it's no big deal. calm down. not my fault that it's bothering you." he tilted his head, "does it bother you?" he smirked once again.

"of course it bothers me. you literally talked about my ex in front of my girlfriend whom i love very much. she very much doesn't need to know about nahi because i don't care anymore!" i spat.

he looked at me with utter disbelief, disappointment clouded his eyes with his lips turning into a soft frown. he loosened his tie and placed his hand on his hip, "so you're telling me," he points to himself, "that everything you've went through with nahi was nothing?" he asked.

"n-no, that's not what i said--"

"oh no, don't give me that crap. i heard you. loud and clear." he says, "so it meant nothing? everything? three years of love and over ten years of friendship? that was nothing? i thought you knew better, sunwoo. you know that nahi loves you a boyfriend or not because you've been there since she was a kid. now you come back after breaking her heart, with a new girl around your arm, and your throwing everything away?" he asked.

my lips pursed into a thin line. i didn't know what to say. 

"tell me sunwoo, after everything do you still care?" he asked.

i do care.

"answer me, sunwoo. do you care?" he repeated his question.

i parted my lips to say something, but not even a word came out of my mouth. i looked down at the ground. i heard sigh and walking towards me, he patted my shoulder. hard. 

"i wish you happiness, sunwoo. good luck with your new girlfriend." he says.

"hyung, i--" i looked up but he was already walking away. he stopped by the door of the tattoo shop, "good luck!" he says with a smile, before walking in the shop.

i just stood there, silent. 

did i really act like i didn't care? 

i heard my phone ringing. i took it out of my pocket and answered the call, "yes, haera?" 

"oppa, where are you? what's taking you so long? i'm getting bored, come quickly." she says.

"okay. i'm coming." i chuckled and dropped the call and shoved my phone in my pocket.

i let out a sigh and shook my head. forget it kim sunwoo, you're happy with haera now. i left my spot for the past five minutes and walked towards the boba shop. haera and i continued with our date, but despite with me being with haera, younghoon hyung's words were left stick in my head.

do you still care?