Chapter 16B: guardians

As Darkstrive had begun the attack on the coast, Eternal lead the charge on the opposite side of the world. Imperial Tower... The battle was harsh, even with the reinforcements. Cannons thudded as they fired, sending black dirt into the air. Eternal and Timestreak pushed through the enemy line, pushing them back. They kept on pushing, the end was in sight. Several Isteniláng warriors appeared alongside a robotosised Final Doom. Eternal watched as Mighty wiped the floor with the warriors before he heard the sound of a helicopter
"This is Sentinel 1, missiles are loaded." He heard the pilot say before several missiles hit Final Doom, not even giving him a chance. The battle was in full swing...

-a little while later-

"Supership X-CARRIER heavily damaged!" Eternal heard on the radio. He smiled as he took some Zombots out, making sure not to mortally wound them. Suddenly he heard a voice behind him... "Well, well well... looks like you brought some friends... Thought being defeated alone was too much?" Carnage chuckled. Eternal growled as he saw him "Pff... Timestreak put you on the ground in less than a second... I don't wanna hear it." He said as Katie stood beside him. She held her axe back, charging it up. Carnage started rambling on about something that probably didn't matter. Katie interrupted him by slinging the axe at him, striking him with the blunt end. "Would you just shut up!?" She yelled.
"Ow woman!" Carnage yelled as he put his hand on his face where he had gotten wacked. "Why you little-!" Suddenly he was uppercutted by Timestreak, who hit him so hard he did a backflip into the air. Timestreak jumped up and did a flip kick before doing an assortment of punches, kicks, and other hand to hand moves. He finished with a spindash that put Carnage into the ground. Eternal took he bought time to contact Darkstrive
"Darkstrive, how you doing buddy?"
"Eggman's out of the picture... How about you?"
"We've engaged..."
"Give him what for, Eternal... Make sure he pays..."
"Don't worry..."
"Got plenty of reason to... We may have done our part, but you still gotta do yours."
"Don't worry... We got this."
"Alright..." Darkstrive responded before getting off the radio. They heard a rumbling behind them and turned around. It was a mech, resembling a praying mantis.
"Timestreak, take the cure... Me and Katie will handle him..."
"Alright... Come back in one piece,ok?"
Eternal then looked over at Katie
"Katie!" He yelled, looking at the pink wolf.
"Yes, Eternal?" Katie asked as she looked at Eternal. He smiled as he took her hands
"I need you..." He said, holding her hands. Katie blushed "R-really?" Eternal smiled "Course... No matter what Carnage may say... You're my only equal. He's nothing compared to you... And I wouldn't have it any other way!" Eternal said as he started to glow, his fur glowing bright green... Katie smiled before doing the same, her fur glowing bright pink. They smiled before going into their Ultra Guardian forms... The ultimate (life) form... (Heh... Had to, sorry.)
(Song is Feel Invincible - Skillet)

Eternal turned to the mech, Scrapman inside it's head "Alright... I think we're all sick of what you've done... All these years... And now, you unlocked our true power... I hope you're ready... For this power? I'm invincible!"
"Hmph... Always were a thorn in my side... This... True power, it will not help you..." Scrapman responded, his voice, chilling cold, with little emotion... If any at all...
"Let's see about that!" Eternal yelled as he spun and back handed the machine, causing it to stumble backwards. Eternal then flew at it and struck so fast it looked like a laser slashing across it's torso. The mech went to punch Eternal but Katie grabbed it's arm, snapping it off. She caught it and slung it like a spear, striking one of the legs and shearing it off. It made a loud roar as two large railguns came out of it's back. It rapid fired them, nearly hitting the two. Eternal flew under it before punching it's legs out from under it. It leaned to it's left as it's left legs were destroyed. Eternal picked the mech up, straining from the sheer weight, and slung it up into the air. Katie jumped up and spun like she was doing a spindash before slicing downward with her axe. The blade sliced through the robot and ripped it in two! The front, with the cockpit still attached, fell right where Eternal wanted it... He put his arms in an X before swinging them outwards, a large ball of energy coming off of him before focusing into a laser, blasting whatever was left of the robot, and Scrapman, into oblivion... Eternal and Katie flew down to the others as the back half of the mech fell to the ground, exploding in the distance... Darkstrive grabbed his hand before pulling them together "we did it... It's over..."
"No, not yet... Although Scrapman is gone, violence still breeds in other dimensions and universes. Our job is far from over... Although for now... Peace is finally a reality... Eggman and Scrapman are both but dust in the wind... Never to harm another... Now, about his friends, Rough, Tumble, Starline... We'll just have to clean house... But not right now... Now... We celebrate, while we can!" Eternal said as he pulled out of Darkstrive's grip. Katie approached him, cheeks rosy. He smiled "And you... This... This wouldn't have been possible without you... Thanks Kates..." He said before hugging her. A few seconds later Eternal pulled back, not completely out of the hug though. He smiled before closing his eyes and kissing her. Katie at first, nearly fainted, but returned the favor, her hands wrapping tightly around Eternal. Mistral smiled as he looked at Darkstrive "See, look how happy they are! You could do the same!"
"Last I checked, you were single too!" Darkstrive said as he elbowed Mistral. Arnec sat on top of a crate, holding Tangle's hand. "You know... All this... Hard to believe, isn't it? I mean, a few months ago we were strangers... And now... Now, we're happy... And now we have peace, even if only temporarily..."
"Yeah... Peace... Sure it's boring... But if it makes the world a better place, then I can accept the boredom... Might need your help though, in case it gets too boring!" Tangle said as she leaned her head on Arnec's shoulder. She then felt something touch her cheek. She looked up and saw what looked like snow. "The cure..." Arnec said quietly in amazement. The sounds of fighting faded as the Zombots were turned back to normal... It was over... Both Scrapman and Eggman were gone...

A/N: Alright... One more... This was supposed to be the last, but there's an epilogue. Although it's mainly focused on Eternal and Katie.