The Lucky Cat Caper

Start from the beginning

Player: You really bought the car from Rogue Vendetta 5? Who knew you were into action flicks?

"No way! Aw man Carm, tell me I get to drive that baby." Zack says.

"Why else could I buy a sports car?" Carmen laughs

Carmen: It goes with my dress, and Zack will totally flip.

Auctioneer: Ladies and gentlemen, this next item is what you've been waiting all evening for: an extremely rare postage stamp donated by an anonymous private collector. "The One-Cent Black on Magenta."

"My goodness, that's an extrmemly rare and valuable stamp." Julia says.

"Really? Oh wait let me guess, VILE is going to steal it." Carmen sighs.

Carmen: Hehe, we can use it to send a postcard to VILE.

Player: Whoa. It's actually really valuable, to the tune of a cool 10 million.

Carmen: Cents. Very funny, Player.

Player: No, seriously, dollars.

Carmen: How is a one-cent stamp worth 10 million dollars?

"That's ridiculous, its a tiny piece of sticky paper." Chase huffs.

Player: Only a small number of these black on magentas were ever printed, and this is the only one known to survive. I'm taking up stamp collecting.

Carmen: Great, I'll win it for you. VILE can afford it.

"This would drive VILE nuts." Gray says.

Auctioneer: A reminder that all proceeds go to the Children's Foundation, so don't be shy. Bidding begins at...

A man unveils the stamp... except it has been stolen. She gasps.

Auctioneer: It's gone!

"Call me psychic." Carmen sighs.

"Yeah talk about a real shocker." Ivy says rolling her eyes.

Carmen stands abruptly.

Carmen: Player!

Player: On it. Security feeds show movement on the south side of the building. You'll just have to get through Karl.

Carmen: Who? Oh, Karl. The fog.

"Red how could you forget Karl?" Player asks.

She goes outside and uses a flashlight to see through the fog. A shadowy figure approaches.

Chase: Carmen Sandiego.

Carmen: Chase Devineaux.

Chase: If one wishes to vanish into the cloak of night, perhaps one should not shine a beacon.

"Gee thanks for the tip." Carmen says.

Carmen: Thanks for the tip.

She shines the light into his eyes.

Chase: Gah!

He makes a grab for her, but she's long run away. He runs after her.

Chase: And perhaps one should not wear loud, clacky shoes.

"Mate, telling the person your chasing what they're doing wrong is not the best way to catch them." Gray says.

Her footsteps stop. He stops too and looks around in confusion. One high heel hits him in the face.