The Sticky Rice Caper

Start from the beginning

"What? NO! But the cheese and the hoagie rolls!" Zack cries out.

Zack: What? Ivy! You had one little job to do while I picked up Carmen at the train station. One! Rustle up big blocks of tangy cheese and those long, fresh-baked hoagie rolls.

"I get the feeling this won't be the first time we hear something twice." Carmen says shaking her head. Zack shuts up once Ivy punches him.

Carmen: Yum, baguettes.

Zack: Not helping, Carm.

Ivy: I had my orders, little bro. Boot the buns and cut the cheese to save your bacon.

Zack: Ugh! Bacon!? Definitely not helping.

"You guys are making me hungry." Zack says as he shoves a handful of popcorn into his mouth.

Player: So... how long before you toss them off the plane?

Carmen: Eh. In-flight entertainment. So, we're off to Indonesia.

Player: Yup. The Southeast Asian country situated between the Pacific and Indian Oceans. And get this. It's made up of seventeen-thousand-plus islands. Who knew there were that many on the planet?

"Due to the broad definition of the term island, it's actually quite impossible to determine how many exist on earth." Julia says.

"Woah, there must be a lot thought." Player says.

"Yes, there are a lot. Thousands of them." Julia says.

Carmen: Did you know that all those islands contain the fourth largest population in the world after China, India, and the United States?

Player: That's a lot of mouths to feed.

Carmen: No doubt the reason Indonesia produces 70 million tons of rice a year. It's their staple food, Player.

Player: It says here some islands are home to the Komodo dragon, the world's largest lizard. They can grow up to ten feet long!

"And venomous." Gray adds.

Carmen: I'll skip the petting zoo. But I've always wanted to see Wayang shadow puppetry. It's over a thousand years old, but still performed at festivals there today.

Player: The V.I.L.E. hideout you're looking for is located on Java, home to Indonesia's capital city, Jakarta.

Carmen: I hear it's called the Big Durian, named after their native fruit. You know, like New York City's called the Big Apple.

Player: Well, the spiky fruit may taste sweet and delicious, but it smells like unwashed gym socks stuffed with rotten onions.

"You'd know all about that Gray. We had to live with you and your socks for almost ten months." Carmen says with a smirk.

"Ouch, hurtful." He snarks right back.

Carmen: Well that stinks.

Player: I know, right? Smelly fruit!

Carmen: No. Facial recognition scan drew blanks.

Player: Well, if your new fans aren't V.I.L.E., and they're not Interpol... then who are they?

"Ain't that the question." Ivy mutters to her brother.

Julia: Apologies for the delay, Inspector Devineaux. I came to Paris as soon as I could.

Chase: Perfect timing, Ms. Argent. Her victim regained consciousness only moments ago and awaits us for questioning.

"Victim? Are you talking about Gray?" Carmen asks.