Xiao

Long ago, you had found yourself in an unknown world. No memories to define you and no home to return. The world was dangerous and maze-like in how it's wonders and horrors collided.

You wandered for a long time, through dry dessert lands to snow capped mountains. Time was irrelavant to you. Each year that passed was the same as the last, never once did it occur to you that time was never truly a factor to even worry about.

One day, while exploring through the region known as Liyue, you came across a stange boy. He seemed distant, different, and....inhuman. he resided in an inn and came and went as he pleased. You'd asked the inn keeper many times about him, curiosity filling your head. She answered what she could, but never was it enough for you.

Because of his distant and lone-wolf appearance, you had never tried to approach  the boy. That is, until her approached you.

Tonight you gazed longingly at the stars from the Inn's balcony. Many thoughts plagued your mind, so much in fact, you hadn't sensed the presence that was creeping up behind you. Slowly the figure approached you, a mask upon his face. He reached his hand out-

"Who are you?" He asked. Pulling you out of your thoughts and startling you.

"By the seven! You scared the hell out of m-" you paused. The boy took off his mask, revealing a cold expression dispute his sharp golden eyes.

"I-um, are you...Xaio?" You asked with a confused expression. The inn keeper had told you his name but you were never sure.

"I asked first, who are you?" He said flatly. He took a step forward closing the distance between you. He was quite tall, about a head taller than you. His eyes however, they stood out to you more than anything else.

"(Y/n)....I think..." you spoke the last part barely above a whisper. Turning your head so you wouldn't be caught staring at his eyes. Your face felt slightly warm, a pink blush adorning your face.

"What do you mean 'I think'? You must at least know your own name mortal". He seemed skeptical of you, seems he was as stand-offish as you thought.

"Hey! Answer my question! I answered yours!" You interjected. He wanted to play question for a question than you'd play. His response however was simply scoffing and turning to leave.

"Hey wait!" You called out. You grabbed onto his hand, pulling him back to you.

"Don't touch me mortal, I've no obligation to play twenty questions with you" he spoke bitterly and turned once more to leave. Unbeknownst to him, you were persistent.

The next night you looked for him, and the next after. This continued for months, sometimes you'd see him and sometimes you wouldn't. Even though you didn't see him sometimes, it wasn't like he hadn't been watching you run around like an idiot looking for him. It felt nice, to be directly wanted, but Xiao knew better than that.

Being an adept would mean watching you die, and so he refused to get close...right?

Once night you sat at the balcony. A certain adepti waiting to hear you call his name. When he heard nothing he looked down from his perch on the tree.

You were silently looking out at the sky. Your eyes were dull, yet a thousand thoughts filled your mind. So many things and so many possibilities. Xiao felt somthing he shouldn't have: worry. The nagging feeling pulled at his heart and messed with his thoughts. When you were leaving to go back in, he jumped down silently.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked, feigning indifference. When you turned around however, the lack of worry in his eyes broke. Eyes wide he saw your expression, your eyes refusing to meet his.