𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖙𝖜𝖔

Start from the beginning

"I missed you so much." Freya sounded close to crying. "I'm sorry I was such a prat before I left. Christmas wasn't the same without you."

Elara hugged her back, equally tightly. "It's okay. I'm sorry too. "

"Get off!" Amelia was shoving them both away, glaring up at them in which she thought must've been a knee-knocking look. Instead, she looked vaguely like a house elf. "Let me breathe!"

"Well, you're definitely not going to be in Hufflepuff with that attitude," Freya teased, tugging on a strand of Amelia's hair.

Amelia stuck out her tongue. "I don't want to be, anyway!"

"Yikes," Elara said, pretending to whisper to Freya. "She might be in Slytherin, this one."

Amelia turned faintly green.

"I've heard Slytherin is great," Elara told her, noting her reaction. "You needn't look so worried."

"But all the...bad people were in Slytherin," Amelia whispered, glancing around her as if she expected one to come out and kidnap her.

Elara crouched down, fixed her sister's collar. "And alot of good people are too. Plus, is Isaac a bad person?"

Amelia shook her head, vigorously.

"And wasn't he in Slytherin?"

The youngest Jacobs nodded with fervour.

"Then, I don't think you should be worried. Do you?"

Amelia gave a reluctant shake of her head.

"Don't worry your little head about it just yet, Amy," Freya put in, ruffling her hair. Amelia jerked away with a scowl. "You still need to pass all the exams you've missed before you're Sorted."

"Where will she be staying till then?" Elara asked as a group of first years pushed past them. Amelia watched them with wide eyes. They were all taller than her.

"With one of us," Freya answered, grabbing onto the back of Amelia's robes to prevent her from being swept away in the crowd. "I told her she'd be more comfortable in Hufflepuff with me but -"

"I want to be with Ellie," Amelia cut in with a pout. "Please." She dragged the word out, flashing those big blue eyes at her sisters.

Elara smiled with a shake of her head and put her arm around her little sister's shoulders. "Alright. My bed is big enough for the both of us."

Amelia beamed.

|

Classes began the next day and Elara, wistfully, mourned the end of the holidays.

Freya had told her their parents had been furious when Freya had showed up at the train station without Elara and Elara didn't want to push her luck any further.

So she buried herself in her work once more and the first two weeks of the new term whizzed by.

Elara cornered Draco during the third week - mostly due to Snape's insistence on fixing whatever had happened between the two of them.

"Are you sure you aren't secretly trying to set Draco and I up, Professor?" Elara had said, slyly.

Snape had grimaced. "Please. I think I have better things to do than take an interest in -"

"I'll send you the wedding invitation."

"Jacobs!"

Elara skipped through the conversation in her head as she climbed the stairs to the Astronomy Tower, making sure her footsteps were light and soundless.