01 - the sorrow we knew ( would come ) .

Start from the beginning

Compared to that, growing up was an immature fear, but that didn't erase it. Hogwarts had been a haven as much as her home was, and growing up isolated made it better, then the lonely manor. Everything had happened there, her first friends, bit of magic, crush, enemies. And it was a dear part of her. How could something so beautiful as a castle where tiny first years wander with bright eyes, still exist throughout terror, she didn't know. Soon, it would perish in her mind, and miserable routines would take place.

Her body was still on the bed, bringing her back to the present and out of fear. Surely it would seem like she was a living corpse. Erienne's eyes suddenly blinked and she was aware of her surroundings. The ceiling had become too miserable to look out and she sat up. Her nose scrunched up as if just noticing the mess of her desk. Papers flooded, wood barely being seen. Her feet touched the wood floors, and a fluttering feeling entered her chest, as if saying to accept reality. As she lifted herself off the bed, the lacy chandelier swung delicately as the top of her head hit it. Pillows hit the ground and she made her bed.

positivity positivity positivity. The word sounded like a mantra, it had been going on for days. Her dead mother lived by it, and it was faintly tainted with her. It was the last year, but still normal, there would be quidditch, her friends, and moments with her lovely motherly figure, Minerva. Enne stood for a good ten minutes, as if frozen in time, while her thoughts ran around. She nitpicked the good in every possible situation when she finally resumed walking. Erienne strolled to her closet and picked out the clothes to wear to the station. Every year she would just wear denim and whatever band t-shirt was there, but she had grown some normal teenage girl in her. Her eyes skimmed throughout her closet, and light brown corduroy pants caught her eye. She immediately looked to her tops and glanced at each one, trying to find the one. With a victorious gasp, she pulled out the plaid blazer, it was the exact same shade as the pants. Enne's white turtleneck was soon grasped in her hands and she laid it all on her bed.

She heard a sudden beak snapping behind, as well as a sharp tap on the desk. Grinning, she spun on her heel and walked over to the tawny owl perched on the millions of papers. ( It didn't seem suitable to call it a desk. )

"Hello Elvis, there's some seeds in the box, and you can perch on the bed frame." Erienne was expecting at least one letter from the Potter family. James stayed writing to her, and every first day was a letter from him. She tore the browned envelope, and accidentally cut her finger on the sharpness. It stung but she just wiped the drop of blood forming, and pressed down on it using her other one. Eager to read the note, she pulled out the sheet of paper. It had smudged ink and was barely readable. Leave it to James to take classes about owls and letters ( by Euphemia ) , and still not have the common sense to let the ink dry. She scanned the note and a smile enveloped her features at James Potter's wonderful charm.

' Dear Enne,

I find it hilarious that your nickname is Enne. En. N. Ene. Eriennes's such a beautiful name, and yet you picked Enne? I still love you though, just find it super idiotic for a person that did all my homework for the past seven years. Anyways, it's our last year, can you believe it? Sirius and I have been planning to go out with a bang. I can't write it in here because Mum's reading all the letters, she confiscated our prank stuff too. Because 'I will not be bombarded with owls from Minerva about your exploding quills, or a stash of a thousand fireworks in your dorm.' ( Thanks for the idea Mum ) Dad smuggled our stuff back to us, I can't wait to see you in a few hours !

James '

He was truly a gem. Seventeen and still a five year old. Enne set down the letter on her bed stand. She would see him soon, and poor Elvis seemed famished from the trip, so she decided to not send a letter. She walked back into the closet, and grabbed the black trunk by the corner, already packed and set it on her bed. Double checking everything, her hands ran through the multiple fabrics, toiletries, and other things for ten months at Hogwarts. Her broom stood next to it, as well as her rowan wand.