Chapter 1 - My home

I exit the large plane getting my bags, well hopefully Dad kept everything the same, I think. I follow the crowd to the waiting lobby, while my bags feel like they have 50 bricks stacked on top of each other packed on one by one. My hair looks like I have gone into a sandstorm and spun around for 30 minutes, while my makeup makes me look like a raccoon. I knew I shouldn't of put that much eyeliner on.. I mean seriously it's an 7 hour flight, what was I thinking. I question myself silently. I quickly forgive myself, knowing it took longer than it was supposed to, as I finally find the bathrooms. Seriously! I wait impatiently considering My bladder half way ready to explode. I gape at the fact of how long The line is. God.. it's basically as long as a two trailer houses combined, side by side. While I just sit there trying not to pee myself.

It's been 10 minutes... I give up. I avoid all sources of water, as I'm finding my way to the exit so I can be picked up. Shit. I can't move. Seriously. You know when you have to go so bad that if you move it comes all out, well that's happening right now, and considering There is no benches or seats to sit on, I'm basically screwed. I glance over to the bathroom line to see its short. Thank God. I walk over to the line keeping my legs stuck together. I notice that I've entered the bathroom, now I'm just waiting for stalls to open. Hurry up, is all I can think.

"Finally," I accidentally say out loud, right before I enter the grey, metallic looking stall. I look into the mirror at myself, attempting to smooth my blond mess of hair out before I leave the bathroom for good. I weirdly succeeded. I gait out of the bathroom, feeling better about myself. Picking up my luggage. Okay... where is this person who is picking me up? I scan the area with my eyes not recognizing one person. the person I thought I recognized turned out to be a bar tender that looked about 36. Jokes on me, I literally haven't been here for 5 years I'm going to not recognize people, I think. I switch locations going to the right side of the airport building, again examining anyone and everyone to make sure I do, or don't know them. I sigh giving up, sitting down at the seat nearest me.

"Are you Chasity Coleman," the man says my name slowly, looking me up and down,

"Uhm.. want an interview? Cause I don't know you.." I reply to the blue eyed guy standing in front of me. I wait for his response. It seems that he is thinking of what to say,

"I'm Quentin, and your dad sent me to pick you up," I question his connection to my father in my head, not bothering to voice out loud. there is a moment of awkward silence. He looks to different to be my step brother... or related to me at all, so I cross out the idea of 'Hey, we're family!', Going onto other topics. He could be a rapist. No, to nice. Well actually my mom says the nicest guys are usually rapist.. so that's still on the list. Or maybe he's an old friend who I don't remember. I contemplate my choices and all I have is rapist, or family friend... but before I can choose which one he explains himself,

"Okay, here. You don't know me and probably think I'm a rapist," Exactly my thoughts... Go on,

"But, I'm actually the son of a guy that works for your dad, and if you want proof of me knowing your dad," he pauses, "here's a picture," the picture is of my dad, some guy, a girl, and him,

"So you're... close to my dad. Well what's his favorite food?" Probably the stupidest question to ask ever.

"I said, I know him. Nothing about being close. Your dad just trusts me. We have no friendship, considering I am your age," he tells me.

"Okay, I believe you. But you better not be lying," Quentin nods his head once, and leads me to the car I will be leaving in. He opens the trunk loading my bags into the back of the car. I get in the car and we stay silent, I just stare out of the window at the place I used to call home. The small town home, I loved and used to worship. Everything is so much more green then in Carson City. The grasses are green, and the tress actually look healthy. It's beautiful and just how I remember it... My dads house is probably 30 minutes away now, and all I can think about is how much I have missed this place..

I probably look like I'm in a trance staring out the window like this.. I've stayed quiet for most of the drive, no words were exchanged between me and Quentin... From what I could tell he seemed nice, and willing to help people. he looked like a jock, and one of the womanizers though. So I was determining who we was, for most of the ride.

"This is our school," Quentin points out, "Just make sure to stay away from assholes that will take advantage of you, like Ashton," he warns me.. Ashton. I quickly get a reminded of my best friend. He said his name quietly almost in a murmur but I could tell what the name was. Ashton.. I think to myself, questioning if he is talking about the Ashton I know. When my parents divorced my mother took me and moved to another state, not giving me or my dad a choice in the matter. To this day I'm still surprised he didn't fight for me or press charges against having your child token away.. but the argument probably wouldn't help anyway, she's my mother. They would have to choose the better parent which is a 50/50 chance of me staying with him. Leaving Ashton left me in a depression for a year and a significant hate towards my mother. She took me to get help, in year 2 of staying in Nevada. Which made me more miserable than before but happy in a way. Over the years I've forced myself to forget about Ashton, and any reminder of him gave me pain so I put those reminders in a safe which I purposefully lost the key to. My mother never mentioned it either so it made it easier to forget. I made new friends, and had a life. I wasn't just leaving Ashton though, I was leaving my dad, and the town I loved. Skip 2 years and my mom has a boyfriend. 1 year later the "I do's" come around and all I feel is my mother replacing my dad.

1 month later my mom finally permits me to stay with my dad.. which she shouldn't have to permit me to do, but annoyingly she thinks no visits means no life there, so I won't go back. But what she doesn't know is that I hate where we lived, just because of the situation. and no, I haven't forgiven her... not yet. Say I'm holding a grudge but if you were ripped away from the only home you've known, and loved, just because your parents divorced, you would know how I feel. No visits or contact at all. So here I am now. Coming back to my hometown.

____________

This is the first chapter so sort of boring probably and it is shorter than what I will usually post, but it depends on how I feel to make the chapter long or short. Anyways thanks for reading :)

-Ann/DivinityX