Chapter 14

Blood.

So much blood.

And one hell of a headache.

Felix opened his eyes, very slowly at first, but soon adjusted to the dim, gray light inside the giant room. His throbbing head didn't help the situation anymore as he tried to figure out where he was.

Runner then looked down, and saw the ceiling. That would explain why his arms were hanging above his head, and also why his feet felt squished. Tied to his feet was a cable that led all the way to the ceiling, latched onto some type of hook. The knot around his ankles was to tight for him to slip through, and he certainly wouldn't be able to untie himself at this angle.

The sound of someone struggling was near. Felix looked to his left and saw two teens about his age, one girl and boy, just like him and Hailey. Speaking of Hailey, where was she?

He whipped around to his right and saw Hailey struggling to get untied, but to no avail. Then something caught his eye, more like someone. Felix looked just below Hailey and noticed mangled human carcass. Limbs torn at the most unnatural places, heads removed from bodies and placed on top of spikes. Blood covered the floor in a thick layer that looked like maple syrup.

Felix looked underneath him and noticed the same thing, except a very large circular blade lay below him. That made things a whole lot more difficult, as if things were even easy to begin with.

Now Runner knew where he was, and his hands started to tremble and his mind started to panic. He felt like he was about to pass out any second, but then Hailey's grunts snapped him out of his little meltdown.

"Hailey stop!" Felix hissed, yet she continued. "Hailey STOP!" He snapped.

She immediately stop squirming and her hair now just hung loosely beneath her, instead of whipping by her side. "What?!" Hailey snapped back.

Felix threw a nasty look her way and placed his finger up to his mouth, laying it flush on his lips. She immediately silenced herself and glared at her partner. Runner whipped himself up and was doing a crunch to reach his knife that he placed in his sock.

A little trick Felix picked up when he was much younger.

Felix grabbed onto the rope to relieve some of the stress on his body and he started to cut at the rope. Somehow, he would have to be able to swing away from the giant circular blade.

The rope was now down to its final threads, and a plan had not formed into his head. Then an idea struck, something so simple he felt stupid for not thinking about it before.

King of the Jungle.

Felix held onto the rope with his left hand and kept cutting away with his right hand. The rope snapped and Runner gripped it with his free hand with all his force. He slipped the knife into his pocket and grabbed the rope with his right hand. He swung for a bit and then let go once his feet passed the blade.

Felix fell at least ten feet onto the ground which sent a sting through his feet. He recovered quickly and started to look around the warehouse.

He never thought that his worst nightmare was an actual reality. A myth turned into fact. "Hailey!" Felix hissed. She looked down at him and he tossed her the knife. "Cut and I'll catch you."

Felix Runner started whipping his head back and forth, making sure he wasn't being watched. Yet it would be pretty hard for a giant to hide.

As he surveyed the scene, he noticed the heads that were placed on spikes. Their eyes were still moving.

"Dear God..." Felix walked up to one of the heads. Blood matted the face, cuts all over the cheeks. The head was severed at the neck that still had blood dripping from the laceration. The jaw opened and closed, as if the victim wanted to say something. Yet when Felix looked at the eyes, he cringed. The victim's eyes were bloodshot and faded, however, they moved around. It was as if he was looking for something.

Then the grunting of someone took Felix away from his thoughts and snapped his head at the two people who were caught.

"Shhhh!" Felix whispered at the teenage boy. "We're going to get you out of here, just stay quiet!"

"Greg where are we?" Now the girl had woken up.

"Shut up! You're going to get us killed, just stay calm." Felix commanded.

"Felix it's about to snap!" Hailey hissed. Runner went underneath her, the sound of blood being sloshed around as he walked towards her.

Hailey dropped and her partner caught her in his arms. Felix helped Hailey to her feet and then took the knife.

"Catch!" Felix tossed Greg the knife and he began to hack away at the rope.

"Look." Hailey whispered as she tapped Runner on the shoulder. The direction she was looking was the item of interest.

"Get it..." Felix nodded. "Oh, and don't look at the heads."

Runner looked back at Greg and his partner, who's name he did not know. "Ready to fall?" Felix questioned.

"Okay, here goes nothing." Greg whispered to himself. The rope was cut and Felix stuck out his hands.

Greg fell into Runner's arms and almost collapsed. He was a lot heavier than Runner thought, but he managed. Felix let Greg go and tossed the knife to the girl. "Hurry up, we might not have a lot of time." Felix said to her.

He went over to Greg and tapped him on the shoulder while Hailey was handing him two bags, similar to theirs. "Greg, go catch her when she falls. Oh and what's her name?"

"Sydney, I just met her. Yours?" Greg asked.

"I'm Felix, that's Hailey. We just met too." Runner responded. "Now go."

Hailey walked over to Felix. "What is this place?"

"The Slaughter House." Felix answered. He took a deep breath. "Listen, just go and watch them. I'm going to try and find a way out of his place." Runner walked away from Hailey and towards the hallway that was just in front of him. Big rectangular holes where windows use to be were now shattered pieces of glass.

Felix looked around the corner and saw a hole that could possibly lead out. It was worth a shot.

Then, a sound of rumbling began. What sounded like footsteps were coming closer and closer, and now, Felix, was truly scared.

Runner rushed over to his partner and the strangers. "Hey hey Sydney, right? Could you hurry up?" The sound of footsteps became louder and louder.

"Felix, what is that?" Hailey asked. Just then, Sydney dropped into Greg's arms and was set onto her feet.

Then a gear lumbering giant came into view. Felix then whispered. "The Butcher."

Please vote and comment! Thanks and stay awesome!