Bleeding Rose (Shu Itsuki)

Hello, sorry it's been a bit since I last updated! This chapter is long, and is an angst chapter, and the ending might be slightly confusing. It's more up to your imagination of what the end would be like!

I have the Halloween chapter pretty much done! It'll come out on the day of, so get excited for that! I finally earned my black belt in karate, maybe I should write a Kuro one-shot....

This was requested by: kiuwua

I promise you I will write that Kohaku one-shot as soon as I get to learn more about him! Question: Favorite Valkyrie song?

~~~~~

Enough to be acknowledged but not enough to actually be seen. In the shadows, a nameless nobody, trying to achieve a dream. I so badly wanted to reach out, but I was too far. Even if I did make it there, I was afraid I'd get burned, by that blinding light he was engulfed in.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by a harsh voice, "(Y/N) your hair is going to be ruined, you have any idea how long I worked on it for?"

"Sorry Itsuki-senpai." I whispered.

I didn't get a response, I could feel his fingers gently combing through my hair to see if he could get the multiple hair accessories to work. Of course those weren't for me, they were meant for someone with actual talent, for those who could go on stage and captivate the audience. It was for idols and for the people who represented the entertainment industry, not their producer. I worked in the shadows, while they worked in the light, spreading joy with every heart they touched.

I was assigned to work with all units in Yumenosaki, being the only producer, but I still didn't understand why Valkyrie needed me. I greatly admired the two who made up the unit, Shu and Mika, but they were amazing without me. Sure, I may have helped out with music a few times but it was nothing compared to what Shu and Leo could do.

I would stay a quiet and reserved marionette, Shu pulled the strings and instructed me how to move. Afterall a puppet without a puppeteer is nothing. I was content being a marionette or a mannequin, or rather that's what I thought....

"Huh?!" I gasped, as Shu tugged on the corsets string tightening it, after moving on from my hair. "Can't breathe...."

"Oshi-san, that's not good fer anyone. Yer goin' to break her bones like that! She's already skinny, ya might kill her if you try to make that corset tighter, no one is goin' to wear it like that." Mika looked at me alarmed.

It was getting harder to breathe, I might pass out if he doesn't let go. "Mika... inhaler... bag... please?"

Mika got the message and quickly tossed the inhaler towards me before explaining everything to Shu. "She has been havin' a bit of an issue with breathin' lately, no one knows what it is though..."

"Well, someone should have notified me earlier, if she ends up hurt then it'll be my fault." Shu's concerned expression set my heart aflutter, but I knew that it wasn't really a concern for me... it was for his art, everything must be perfect.

"Well I think that this is enough for today." Shu said as he gently undid my hair and helped me take off the dress.

Unfortunately the coughing did not cease, but it did go down. I quickly excused myself and ran to the bathroom. I began to cough, a lot. In the midst I began to cry, I was coughing up blood, it had been happening for a few days now. It wasn't too much, I wouldn't faint from the amount of blood I lost but it was excruciatingly painful. But today was something new? There wasn't blood, not much anyway, replacing the majority of the blood lay scarlet colored rose petals. I coughed up a few more, I stared at them confused before breaking down.