Chapter 1

My hands were shaking a bit. Being noisy and energetic has always been a part of me, but depending on the situation.. like this.

*stares

Right in front of me, is the school that I've been dreaming of since I was a little kid. My mama, the one who was in charge at the orphanage for taking care of us, talked about this school. Grace Field High School. She said that this school consists of rich children, therefore, you gotta pay a huge amount of money first to fit in. I don't have those. I came from a local orphanage, but too lucky to have a true family, including mama.

Because of them, I was able to eat three times a day. I was given comfy clothes,soft bed and pillows that helps me have a nice slumber, and a shelter that protected me through those years.

They are my treasure and I couldn't ask for more.

But of course, people needs to grow. I need to grow. I need to find a decent job to have a bright future, and to be able to attain that, I must study hard. Kids from the orphanage are my strength, I told them that when I become successful one day, I'll buy them toys at the Mall as well as their needs, I'll support them in every way possible.

I smiled after gathering my fighting spirit. Yoooosh. You can do this Emma.

With determination evident in my bright green eyes, I walked and made my way towards the Principal's office and just waited outside.
Most students were looking at me, I found it very awkward but I tried to keep my eyes straight, not caring if they already are judging me because I am not as elegant looking like them. Maybe some were just curious because I am a new student. Whatever.

"Yo Normaaaaan!" A loud voice was heard throughout the hall making me turn my head and look what's going on.

"Hey Don" said the guy with white hair around my age. 'Don' tackled him and put his arms around that Norman guy's shoulder, both laughing.

"Dang man, you gotta be up for later's hang out..!" This Don guy has a slightly tanned skin, and black hair.

"I am not really sure, but I'll try." The white haired guy gave off a charming smile that reached his eyes.

Sheesh. He's handsome.

"You better be present later." Another guy came. He possess a black hair that covers one of his eye.

"HAH! No way out Norman! It's Ray himself who said it!" 'Don' grinned in victory, sensing that he won, just by having that Ray's presence around.

"Hehe. Alright alright" Guy named Norman said, slightly scratching the back of his head along with his defeated smile.

"Ms.Emma?"

Startled a bit, a middle aged woman called. She has a black hair tied into a neat bun and a pair of purple eyes. I looked at her name tag. Isabella.

"Oh, h-hi!" I greeted, getting a bit nervous while facing the woman, especially the moment I gained attention from other students.

"Please come in" She smiled. I went inside the office, and saw an old woman with short blonde hair sitting comfortably at her swivel chair. Maybe she is the principal and Ms. Isabella is her secretary or something.

"You may sit here Ms. Emma" pointing at the chair in front of her desk.

- - - - - -

Emma kept her smile, but her heart was thumping fast inside her chest, getting anxious about the result. Whether she's qualified or not for the scholarship.

"You came from the orphanage, yes?"
Asked the principal, her voice lacing with kindness, making sure not to intimidate the new student.

"Hai. I wasn't able to enter a campus before. Me and the other kids were just home schooled" Emma answered.

"Hmm.. I see. If that's the case, I could tell that your mentor these previous years were really good."

Emma's green eyes widened a bit, surprised by the principal's sudden applause.

'Maybe it's a good opening? No no waiiit I can't assume yet!'

She thought, and beamed her a smile which shows her gratitude towards the praise given.

"The scholarship exam you took last week was checked personally by my assistant, Isabella, and knowing her, she's very careful and made no mistakes before. "

The principal stood up from her swivel chair, and put both of her hands behind her back.

" I am just a bit surprised.. Seeing your personal data. I didn't expect much from you"

Emma's lips suddenly twitched from her boldness. But was taken aback when the principal held her right hand in front of her.

"Congratulations Ms. Emma. You're qualified."