Chapter One - Warmth

Sokka continued downstream, mindlessly continuing the same tasks over and over again. His job would be done at the end of the river, so he just kept on pushing through. He had a pretty decent haul today, 34 fish. Enough to feed the village for a week or two.

Could've been three weeks. He thought. If he hadn't left.

His thoughts were interrupted however, by a flash of bright light coming from his left. He turned his head to find an ominous looking iceberg of perfectly spherical shape. There was a darker spot inside the iceberg that Sokka noted.

Don't think this was here before... Maybe I just didn't notice it. I probably have some free time to explore. Rosa is likely running late again.

He continued to row down the stream and towards the odd iceberg. Once he was closer to it, he was able to get a better look inside, and saw that the darker spot in the middle was actually condensed ice, holding what seemed to be two bodies within it.

Poor souls... He thought. Probably got caught in a storm a while back.

Sokka understood that there was still a chance for their survival, so he began to try and crack the iceberg open. Until he started to consider a few different possibilities.

They might be fire nation... No! Don't think like that. Even if they are, they need help.

They might attack the village... Just the two of them? We could take them on.

We? Your "Warriors" Can't even fish on their own yet, much less defend the tribe.

Fine. I could take them.

Also false.

Sokka sighed. His conscience was right, even if they weren't fire benders, or even if they weren't fire nation, he wouldn't be able to take them out. He couldn't risk the tribe. Not again.

---------------------------

As Sokka had finished putting away his machete, and re-tightened the fish to the boat, he began to sail off when he noticed the iceberg shine once again. He looked up and swore that he saw one of the figures inside the iceberg move. He un-sheathed his boomerang from its Saber-Mooselion fur case given to him when he was eight, and got in his stance. The iceberg shone once more, and completely melted on the spot.

"Woah.." He said to no-one in particular.

As the light layer of fog dissipated, Sokka was able to see the two figures more clearly, and identified one as a male, and one as a female. They seemed to be the same age, but very different in appearance. The boy had a clear-shaven head, and pale skin. The girl had a brown shade of hair, and tan skin. Based on their appearances, he determined the male to be air nomad, and the girl to be water tribe.

He then noticed that they were both wearing air nomad styled clothing, which looked relatively new, and not suitable for the climate they were in.

Wait... the air nomads were wiped out one hundred years ago.

All the more reason to be on your guard. Don't trust them.

---------------------------

Aang opened his eyes to find him and Katara completely unharmed. They were safe. And the storm seemed to be gone. He realized that he still had Katara in his arms, wrapped around her to keep her safe. He acknowledged her beauty for a second before gently shaking to wake her up.

"Hrnnn..." She groaned. "5 more minutes..."

Aang chuckled lightly at this. "Cmon, if we go find Appa now we can make it to the South Pole before sunset." Katara looked up slightly at him. "But it's too warm in your arms. I don't wanna move." His face a bright red, Aang calmly explained, "Look, when we find Appa, you can sleep for the rest of the trip.