White Fur 3: Paw Prints

Start from the beginning

Wide-eyed Etho nods, "Very good thing."

"You don't think he'll get more tails as time goes by do you?" Joe muses, he runs a hand through his hair as he thinks.

"Probably," Cleo shrugs, she turns to Etho, "You've got two tails and illusions, you'll probably get more tails."

Etho looks back at his tails, "Oh, that's, fun."

"It won't happen for a long time," Joe grins, "It would normally take years. With how the meteor accelerates things you'll probably have a few months between tails."

Deadpan Etho stares at Joe, "Joy."

.........

The shopping district is normally a pretty busy place, so Etho's been hanging around there for a while. He's there because Doc is trying to figure out what the meteor is going to do next and he wanted him to stick around. In case he found something important.

As Etho wanders around the district he runs into TFC. The pair strike up a conversation and Etho follows him on his shopping trip.

"So, how's your base going?" Etho asks as his tails flick happily.

TFC grins, "It's going pretty well, I didn't except water columns to be so finicky,"

Nodding Etho agrees, "It is pretty tedious, every single block has to be a source block."

"Yeah, it's not that easy," TFC laughs.

Smiling Etho flicks one of his ears. TFC nods, "Do you know where I can find some wool?"

"Uh, yeah, it's over this way," Etho says as he leads TFC over to the Bone Zone's wool shop.

"Thank you."

"It's not a problem."

The conversation continues for a while, it ends rather abruptly when Doc messages Etho telling him to get to the town hall.

"It's been wonderful talking to you, but I must go," Etho says dramatically as he pops a chorus fruit into his mouth. He bites down on it, and nothing happens, "Uhh, bye?" Etho pops into his fox form and runs up to the town hall.

Laughing TFC continues on his way, not the weirdest thing he's seen with all the affected hermits. That probably would have been that one time about a week ago when Zedaph, Tango, and Impulse had managed to fall in some bushes and Zedaph was really freaked out about something.

They couldn't figure out why Zedaph was so freaked out until a few minutes later. Doc had flown by, to check up on how Tango was doing. He landed on the ground next to Tango. He wrinkled his nose up when he smelt the weird plant they had gotten into. Now TFC never got the full story but apparently, it repels creepers and it was making Doc freak out. Zedaph was panicking because when a creeper panics, it normally ends in explosions.

Rolling his eyes TFC looks back at the shopping district.

Etho almost stumbles over his paws as he jumps up the steps of the town hall. Grumbling slightly he turns back into his human form, "Doc? Are you in here?"

"Over here," He calls from one of the offices, "Sit down, we need to talk."

Etho balks nervously, "Is this about the meteor, or is it about the whole Goatfather thing?"

"Meteor," Doc grumbles, "We have a problem."

Sitting down Etho's ears flick back, "Explain."

"The problem is you're not just turning into a Fox, you're a kitsune. They weren't people that had the ability to turn into Foxes. They were foxes that could turn into people."