Bioelectronic Navigator

(Y/N)'s POV

Jim, Morph and I explored the planet to find a "more defensible position" as Captain Amelia put it.

The walk was deadly quiet, but I couldn't help it. I started to giggle. Jim gave me a confused look, but that just made me laugh quietly.

"What?" He finally asked.

"Nothing." I tried to bat the matter away, but ended up laughing even harder.

Jim sighed. "Seriously, what?"

"It's just," I started, trying to contain myself, "we just got chased off a boat by pirates. Ha! Pirates! Real pirates looking for treasure!"

"Yeah and it wasn't exactly funny." Jim grumbled.

"And then we crashed here and now we're stuck!" I laughed, flinging my arms out and spinning in a circle. "And on top of it all, we're gonna die too! If you had told me, a few months ago, that this would happen, I would've laughed in your face. Well, I guess I'm still laughing now!"

Jim grabbed me by my shoulders and spun me so I was facing him. "Don't say that, we're not gonna die!" He shook me slightly and glared at me with deadly serious eyes.

My laughter died out and the grin slipped off my face. It was silent for a moment, before we both broke into laughter.

"It's a lot to process." I sighed as I slid down a tree trunk and sat at its base.

"Yeah," Jim plopped next to me. "It's almost exactly like we would play when we were kids."

"Except a lot more scary." I added, laying my head on his shoulder.

Jim sighed and leaned his head up against the trunk. "It's been a while since we'd laughed like that. I missed it."

I hummed in agreement and we sat there in silence for a few minutes. I still couldn't believe it. We were on Treasure Planet, running for our lives, trying to find someplace to hide while Captain Amelia dealt with her injur-

"Captain Amelia's injury!" I gasped, shooting up. "We can't just sit here, we have a job!"

Jim groaned, truthfully, I think he fell asleep. "Can't we just take a small break? Do we have to run all over the place?" He wrapped his arms around me and tried to pull me back down.

However, I grabbed his arm and started pulling him up. "Come on, what happened to Serious Jim? We kind of have to find someplace to hide before we die."

"You broke Serious Jim." Jim complained. "Now you have to deal with the consequences."

"I take full responsibility." I grinned as I yanked him to his feet. I opened my mouth to tease him further, but I heard a noise behind us and turned to catch the slightest bit of movement from the bushes.

Jim and I looked at each other, all laughter gone. Jim held a finger to his lips and shushed me, slowly reaching around for the gun he held in his waistband.

He turned it on and crept towards the bushes, Morph and I right behind him.

We peered at the bush and for a moment, I thought I must've imagined the movement because nothing was there. Then, a form popped up out of nowhere and screamed.

Jim and I screamed too, and soon found ourselves on the floor, having been tackled by a rusty robot.

"Oh this is fantastic!" The robot cried. "Carbon-based life forms come to rescue me at last! I just wanna hug you and squeeze you and hold you close to me."