That's Treasure Planet!

Y/N's POV

Delbert let the three of us stay at his mansion since we couldn't return to the inn. "I just spoke with the constabulary. Those blaggard pirates have fled without a trace. I'm so sorry, Sarah." I stood next to Sarah as Jim placed a blanket around her shoulders. Delbert knelt by her and broke the news. "I'm afraid the old Benbow Inn has burned to the ground."

I noticed Jim start to try and comfort his mother, but he gave up and walked to the other side of the room, to the table where the mysterious sphere sat. I followed him and watched as he inspected it.

"I messed up again, (Y/N)." He spoke with his back still towards me.

"What?" I stiffened, not expecting him to notice me. "How?"

"If I had just minded my own business, the Benbow would still be standing, I wouldn't be wondering what this ball is and you wouldn't be looking at me like that."

"Like what?" I asked.

"Like I'm some type of failure!" He set the sphere on the table with a heavy thud.

"Hey," I grabbed his arm and pulled him to face me. "I don't think you're a failure. I don't think you messed up. You helped that man because it was the right thing to do and because you care about others." I pulled him into a tight hug before he could argue. "Jim, I am your best friend. So trust me when I say you're a good person with good intentions." I pulled away and grabbed the sphere off the table. "And also trust me when I say that you can figure this out."

Jim looked at me and then grabbed the sphere. I overheard Delbert start to speak. "Well, certainly a lot of trouble over that odd little sphere. Those markings baffle me." Jim had started messing with it, pressing buttons and twisting the hemispheres. "Unlike anything I've ever encountered. Even with my vast experience and superior intellect it would take me years to unlock its- hey!"

Delbert's speech was cut short by Jim unlocking the sphere, causing blue and green light to flood the room. The light created a holographic sphere around us, showing planets and constellations.

"Why," Delbert gasped. "It's a map!"

I looked around the room, my mouth closing and opening as I tried to voice some type of reaction.

"Wait." Delbert squinted at a planet that was hovering near me. "Wait, wait, wait! This is us, the planet Montressor."

I curiously brought a hand up and lightly tapped the planet, making the map zoom forwards, showing us more and more.

Delbert looked like a child on Christmas. "That's the Magellanic Cloud! Whoo! The Coral Galaxy! That's the Cygnus Cross and that's the Kerian Abyss. Wait. What's this? What's this?" Delbert turned around as the map seemed to meet its destination, everything fading away except for one planet. "Why, it- it's-"

"Treasure Planet." Jim breathed out.

"No..." Delbert gasped.

"That's Treasure Planet!" I exclaimed, taking Jim's arm and shaking it excitedly.

"Flint's Trove?" Delbert rambled. "The loot of a thousand worlds? You know what this means?"

"It means all that treasure is only a boat ride away." Jim answered as he tossed the map at me.

I barely managed to catch it before Delbert dramatically continued. "Whoever brings it back would hold an eternal place atop the pantheon of explorers! He'd be able to experience- Whoo! What just happened?"

"Mom," Jim pushed me towards Sarah and gestured to the sphere still in my hands, "this is it. This is the answer to all our problems."

"Jim there is absolutely no way-" Sarah started before she was cut off.

"Don't you remember?" Jim pleaded, "All those stories?"

"That's all they were." Sarah argued. "Stories!"

"With that treasure..." Jim trailed off as he tried to find an argument to persuade his mother. "We could rebuild the Benbow a hundred times over!"

"Wait, Jim," I stopped him. "You want to go and actually find the treasure? Are you crazy?"

"It's just sitting there, (Y/N)!" Jim grabbed my shoulders in desperation. "No one else is gonna come along and get it!"

"Well, this is... It's just... Oh my," Sarah stammered, "Delbert, would you please explain how ridiculous this is?"

"It's totally preposterous," Delbert stated. "Traversing the entire galaxy alone."

"Now, at last, we hear some sense!" Sarah crossed her arms.

"That's why I'm going with you!" Delbert finished grabbing a bag and already starting to pack.

"Delbert!" Sarah scolded.

"I'll use my savings to finance the expedition. I'll commision a ship, hire a captain and crew." Delbert planned.

"You're not serious?" I asked.

Delbert slid down an enormous pile of books stopping right in front of me and Sarah, "All my life I've been waiting for an opportunity like this and here it is screaming, 'Go, Delbert! Go Delbert!'"

"Okay." Sarah interrupted Delbert's dorky dance, "Okay! You're both grounded!"

"Mom, look," Jim sighed, "I know that I keep messing everything up, and I know that I let you down. But this is my chance to make it up to you. I'm gonna set things right."

"Sarah? If I may." Delbert ushered Sarah away to talk to her and Jim turned to me.

"(Y/N), before you try and talk me out of this, don't."

"I wasn't going to." I looked up at him. "I was actually going to say I'm coming with you."

"What?" Jim stepped back. "No. No way."

"Jim-"

"There's no way I'm letting you come." Jim ranted. "Not when something could happen to you or-"

"James. Pleiades. Hawkins." I glared at him, successfully shutting him up. "There is absolutely no way I am letting you go by yourself. As your best friend, it is my job to stop you from getting into stupid situations, but when I can't stop you, the least I can do is join you. End of discussion."

Jim's argument was cut short by Sarah turning around from her conversation with Delbert. "Jim... I don't want to lose you." She looked at me.

Jim grabbed his mother's hand. "Mom, you won't. I'll make you proud."

"Well, uh," Delbert concluded awkwardly, "there we are then. We'll begin preparations at once. Jim, my boy, soon we'll be off to the spaceport."

A/N: 

I am so sorry. It has been like a week since I last updated. I don't even know why it took so long, especially since it's such a small chapter. I had literally planned to publish this last week. I was excited because it was gonna be twice in one day. Ugh. 

Never let me forget for that long again.

Anyways, I'm trying to shorten my notes so thanks for giving my story a chance and I hope you have a great day. (And I'm so sorry.)

-Mellie