•Chapter 36•

15 July 2005

"Teddy, please just finish your breakfast, we have to go see Rose at the studio, don't you wanna go see Ray?"

"I do mom, but I also want to dance but Ray says I can't."

"Baby, you know the reason why you can't dance in there, so go put on your shoes and get your butt in the car." I tease, Lila quickly runs off and puts on her shoes while I pack a small lunch for her.

"Ready!" I hear her scream from behind me, which makes me laugh.

"Let's go then." I grab her hand and lead her out the door.

We drive quickly over to the studio, where I basically chase Lila into the sound booth where rose is waiting.

"I'm so sorry I'm late, I got caught up in sleep." I say.

"That's typical of you." Rose laughs and I just roll my eyes at her.

"Teddy, Ray's in there, go say hi." I say to my daughter and she quickly stops doing what she's doing and runs through the door to see Roses' now husband Ray, who is literally her favorite person ever.

"Right so, today we have to record at least two choruses today and then tomorrow is gonna be even busier."

Since you last heard from me, I actually decided to go to college and become a music producer. And my new client just happens to be my best friend, Rose.

"Edwards!" I hear someone shout from outside the booth, I look over and it's my boss. He calls me outside, and tells me that I have to go meet a new client at 4pm. Supposedly, the client asked for me specifically which is quite a strange request.

When I got back in the studio, Lila was inside the booth with Rose singing one of Rose's biggest songs -  'dahlia blues'.

The recording session went pretty quickly and before the couple left, they asked me to look over a song that Rose had written a few days prior.

I looked through the words of the song and something inside me felt excited, yet I had no idea why. Then I inspected the song even closer, and realized that this wasn't just any song, they were trying to tell me something.

"You're pregnant?" I say shocked.

"Yes." Rose replies with tears in her eyes.

I am so shocked but I run and grab her into a big hug, and eventually pull Ray in for one too.

"I'm so happy for you guys."

~~~~~~

4pm.

I'm exactly a minute late for my meeting, but it's not my fault, the lady in front of me at the coffee shop thought it was a pet shop and she took forever to understand that it wasn't.

"I'm so sorry I'm late, the coffee shop was-" I look up from pulling out my documents from my bag to see none other then Bobby aka Trevor.

After the guys died, he didn't want to be associated with the band anymore so he changed his name. Well that's what he told everyone, the real reason was because he stole all of Luke's songs without credit and didn't want to be labeled as a thief.

"Hey Sammy." He says kindly.

"I refuse to work with him." I say looking to steph, my boss.

"You have to work with him, he's giving our company a huge chance by choosing us to help him record his next album. This could be huge for us." She explains.

"I will not work for a man who made my daughter fatherless."

"Trevor is lila's dad?" She asks shocked.

"God no, I wouldn't go near him if my life depended on it."

"That's not what you said on New Years 1995."

I turn to face him and look at him with a disgusted face.

"It's honestly pathetic that you know that exact date." I say and walk straight out.

I get in my car and take a few short breaths before starting it and driving over to Rose's house.

"I'm telling you he wants to make my life hell." I tell Rose while sipping on my coffee.

"He isn't such a bad guy if you get to know him." She replies. "Besides maybe he's trying to right his wrongs. I heard His wife is expecting too."

"It doesn't matter if he's trying, the fact is that my boyfriend and two best friends are dead because of him. Lila will never be able to meet her dad because of him, and for that I could never forgive him." I look at Lila playing in the mud and smile at her. "I can't help but feel sorry for that kid, imagine having a dad like Bobby." I snort and think about how ironic that sentence is, because my father is so much worse.

"I know it's been hard for you to not have Luke there for the whole having a kid thing, but you've gotten through it. Honestly you've done a way better job then I expected. So don't worry about her not having a dad, I mean, yeah it's sad that he's not here and she would've loved him, but you're doing an amazing job with her. In her eyes you're all she needs."

"I just wish he could've known before that night."

"You tried to tell him. Don't get yourself upset over it."

"Burgers are done everyone!" Ray calls from inside the house. We all sit around a table and enjoy the presence of one another.