Fourth year | Ferret

Start from the beginning

I heard the students laughing and it made me angry. They always turned on people in an instant, and now everything was piling up with my stress and anger.

"SILENCIO!!!" I shouted, angry.

Moody's mouth was no longer on his face...and neither were the mouths of most of the students who stood there watching.

Professor McGonogall looked at me shocked, "Miss Riddle! We do not use magic on professors and students, now let them speak!"

I rolled my eyes, annoyed I looked at the other students who had laughed at what happened. They wouldn't be laughing if it had been Cedric or any other person.

"I don't know Professor, after what happened to Neville in his class, I'd say he deserves more. All of them do, they turn on Potter instantly, but Slytherin is considered evil?"

Everyone looked at each other uncomfortably, Harry gave me a look of warning. With a wave of my hand, Professor Moody and everyone else could speak again.

Professor McGonogall looked at me shocked, "This kind of behaviour is unacceptable Miss Riddle! You will serve detention tonight!"

I decided to dig my grave deeper, I smiled.
"Sounds fine with me, see you later!"

I waved my hands to everyone, mumbling a spell to make them forget seeing what I did to Professor Moody. Which means I just got out of detention. I let Moody remember, that way he could seem crazier than we already thought. Gaslighting? Me? Never.

Getting out of there quickly and quietly, I went on with the rest of my classes. Stewing in my own anger, Leo knew something wasn't right when he saw me in the hallway.

After our classes were over, he took me to the spot near the lake. We were hidden by the trees and no one else was there since it was cold. You'd have to be mad to come out here now.

"You have that look in your eyes (Y/n). What happened?" I kicked the grass, sitting down harder than I meant to.

I looked up at my brother, who towered over me more than the trees.

"It's Mad-eye, he's such a...asshole! He transfigured Malfoy into a ferret, scared Neville half to death, and continues to shout about Lucius Malfoy's not so secret association with our Uncle." Leo's face twisted in thought, he knew it was a serious situation.

Father always told us that Mad-eye was in on our secret and was someone we could trust, but I doubted it now.

"We need to keep an eye out on him, but don't do anything to draw attention to yourself. Stay away from him as much as you can until we figure out if he's a friend." Leo held out a hand.

Grabbing it, he helped me to my feet and straightened out my uniform for me.

"Let's go get ready to watch the first challenge of the tournament. Potter will need the support he can get."
-

-

-

-
Time skip to next day ~

Potter had told me what the first task was; I knew Hogwarts was dangerous, but dragons?!
Millicent and I walked to the area where they had all of this going on. Weasley was sitting alone with an empty seat for Granger, he was still mad at Potter. Never knew why exactly.