"And so does dart." Lucas added, beginning to understand.

"Yeah, like what Mr. Clarke taught us. The Hive mind."

"Hive mind?"

"A collective consciousness, a-a super organism." Gabe explained, making weird hand gestures.

"And this is the thing that controls everything. It's the brain."

"Like the mind flayer.."

Mike looks up from the paper and looks at Dustin in shock. Lucas points at Dustin and snaps his fingers in agreement.

"The what?" Max and Steve ask in confusion.

Dustin sets down a book, opening it to the designated page.

"The mind flayer."

"What the hell is that." Hopper furrowed his eyebrows.

"It's a monster from an unknown dimension, it's so ancient that it doesn't even know its true home." Dustin begins.

"It enslaves races of other dimensions by taking over their brains using its highly-developed psionic powers."

"Oh my god, none of this is real. This is a Kids' game." Hopper muttered with annoyance.

"No, it's a manual. And it's not for kids. And unless you know something that we don't, this is the best metaphor--"

"Analogy." Lucas corrected.

"Analogy. That's what you're worried about?" Dustin repeated.

"Fine. An analogy for understanding whatever the hell this is."

"Okay, so this mind flamer thing--"

"Flayer, mind flayer."

"what does it want." Nancy sighed, not even bothering to correct herself.

"To conquer us basically. It believes it's the master race."

"Oh like the Germans." Steve pointed out.

Everyone sighed, a few gave steve looks of concern and confusion. "Uh, the Nazis?"

"Pssh, yeah yeah the Nazis."

"Well, yeah, if the Nazis were from another dimension, totally."

"Uh, it views other races, like us, as inferior to itself."

"It wants to spread, take over other dimensions."

"We are talking about the destruction of our world as we know it." Lucas held out his hand to emphasise.

"That's great, that's great, that's really great.. jesus.." Steve backed away from the table to try and process.

"Okay, so if this thing is like a brain that's controlling everything, then if we kill it.."

"We kill everything it controls."

"We win, theoretically."

"Alright great. So how do you kill this thing? Shoot it with fireballs or something?" Hopper reached for the book to examine the pages.

"No, no fireballs uh.. you summon an undead army uh.. because.. because zombies, you know, they don't have brains and the mind flayer.. it.. likes brains.. it's just a game."

"What the hell are we doing here."

"I thought we were waiting for you military backup."

"We are!"

M/n had woken up a while ago, but nobody noticed because they were too busy arguing with eachother. Dannia set him down to sit down on the couch next to Will's body.