iv. quidditch and the quibbler

"AOIFE," ANDREW SAID, DRAGGING OUT the word

"AOIFE," ANDREW SAID, DRAGGING OUT the word. Aoife looked up from her book — pride and prejudice — raising her eyebrows.

"What can I help you with my dearest Andrew?" she said.

"Will you come to the quidditch match with me?" Andrew said. "Please? Kiara doesn't like watching it now and—"

"Sure," Aoife said. "Let me just get my jacket."

"Sure?" Andrew echoed, stunned. "Did you just agree? Just like that?"

"I can change my mind if you'd prefer," Aoife said.

"No, no, don't do that," Andrew said hasilty. "Go get your jacket, I'll wait for you here."

Aoife grinned and hurried off. Andrew sank down into her spot on the couch. Kiara didn't like watching quidditch anymore, Edelyn would "rather shag the giant squid than watch a bunch of hooligans fly about throwing balls" and Luna had run off to the Forbidden Forest in search of some creature or other.

"Okay Andy-pops, let's go," Aoife said, hauling him to his feet. She had a scarf wrapped around her neck, and a hat pulled down over her ears.

"Bloody hell Aoif, it's March, not bloody December," Andrew said.

"Hey! I get cold easily," Aoife defended, frowning.

"You just need to find someone to keep you warm," Andrew winked. "I dunno, I think Anthony Goldstein was giving you the eye at breakfast this morning."

"No he wasn't, be quiet," Aoife rolled her eyes.

"Come on Aoif, you've never even kissed anyone," Andrew said, the two of them starting the walk to the quidditch pitch. Aoife blushed, knowing full well she had snogged Arden on several (a lot more than several, really) occasions. "Ooo Aoife Finnigan, who've you kissed?"

"No one," Aoife said, a little too quickly.

"Go on Aoif, spill it," Andrew said. "I won't tell."

"Oh please, you'll go blabbing to Edelyn as soon as you get the chance," Aoife said, only half joking.

"I won't, not if you really don't want me to," Andrew said. "I can keep secrets."

"It's not important," Aoife dismissed. She was not quite ready to admit to anyone that a) she liked girls and b) she snogged Arden Montgomery.

"You're such a bore," Andrew whined. "Give me some gossip, I thrive on it!"

"Maybe there'll be some gossip at the quidditch match, come on."

⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚: *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"AND GINNY WEASLEY HAS CAUGHT THE SNITCH!" Lee Jordan roared. Andrew groaned whilst Aoife cheered, clapping wildly for Ginny. The game had only lasted twenty two minutes (twenty two minutes of agony, for the Gryffindor supporters), and Aoife had actually enjoyed it.