The Curse

"Burn in hell! All of you!! How dare you feed your children while we starve daily and fight among ourselves for a single meal!!" the lady wearing shabby clothes screams with all her might and continues.

"I'll make sure the loving daughter of this so called family, and future heir to the cause of our sufferings never gets to see her-"

"GUARDS! What the hell are you doing??!! Get that wench out of my sight now" My mother interrupts her screaming with same intensity while holding me in her arms tightly, her 10 year old, becoming anxious I start crying.

The guards wearing the traditional country clothes held onto the old ladies' arms and start pulling her away from our front yard. Seeing the commotion, a crowd inevitably gathers, murmuring, judging, with loathe in their eyes, for us.

My grandfather, with his weak knees comes out too in slow pace and ask my mom what is going on but before she could gather herself to reply, the old lady outside screams again even louder.

My mom asks me to stay close to my grandpa until she returns and goes to the lady assuring me that they're going to find a solution. That lady outside is a mother and is in pain, but my mom is a mother too, with a lot of secrets, that I guess she thinks she has hidden so well. I wish I could say it out loud mother, do anything you want but just dont-

She leaves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Should she lay her eyes upon someone alive she loves the most, they would meet the same fate as my son!! This beautiful world that you're going to give her build upon the blood and bodies of people like my son, she will never be able to see it, without losing everyone she lov-!!"

STAB! STAB!

kill her.

"WHO ARE YOU TO PUT A CURSE ON MY DAUGHTER! You ^%*%*!" Panting hysterically, my mother takes the matter into her own hands, my mother takes another life, just like that. 

Silence engulfs the atmosphere. You can hear the wind. You can hear the embers from fire people are using to keep them warm. 

Why are you like this mother? Why can't you come to other conclusions, a mid way, where no one has to die. 

My mother walks inside looking down, drops the knife and walks... like she has killed a person, a person who was a threat, but wasn't worthy of their life being taken away, she felt guilt, which is so rare for her. Why is she like that? Grandfather, do you know anything... what made her this way. I shift my eyes to look at my grandfather who was sitting beside me.

As tears rolled down my face, I noticed his face while he was looking at mother, probably thinking the same thing, where his own blood terrifies him.

Suddenly, his eyes widened and he clenched his clothes on his chest.

"GRANDFATHER!" I screamed. 

He started coughing up blood, and started getting unconscious when I held him in my arms.

"What's wrong?!! Why is everything happening like this?!!" I started sobbing even more. 

My mother came close and stood beside me, her face  was numb. She had no expressions on her face but her tears weren't  stopping.I clutched him in my arms even more tightly. 

He would pat my head, and smile and before he could utter a word, he was gone, the hand drooped down as he closed his eyes.

Don't leave us. You are the only one who could save me and her, don't leave us. You were supposed to teach me  about life lessons than I already do, tell me stories of when my mother was different, about what kind of person grandmother was. You were supposed to see me become the heir of our family, you were supposed to see me get older, you were not supposed to leave like this, you were not supposed to leave me so soon. It hurts so much, please come back! 

I cried till I eventually fainted. 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened my eyes and I was in my room, tucked in my bed with my face towards the wall, I gathered my thoughts and wanted to believe that whatever happened today was only a dream, only if it was, as all the events started unfolding in my head, tears rolled down on the pillow, why did it all happen today... I wonder.

Sliding the door my mom entered my room. My room was dark but the hallways were considerably drowned in lantern lights, which created a shadow of my mother on the wall that I was facing. She probably came in to see if I'm okay, or so I thought, until I saw the knife in her hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi I'm Y/N, the blind princess with a curse.

And this is my story.