(15)

"Welcome to the crying game where you lose your soul. Where it ain't no easy pass, you got to use the toll. Ain't no cruise control, you 'bout to lose control. Ain't no smilin' faces here, we slammin' doors and dishes. "

"All this love you speak of
All I want is to love and be loved."

"Here we go again, it's the game we love. Now we in the crying game, heart laced with slugs."

-Nicki Minaj, The Crying Game

Should be a great chapter.
TE'ALA AKA "TEA"

I never thought this would happen.

"C'mon girl, they want us to gone head and say happy birthday under the back porch," I spoke once I came back from the back porch to were Naja and I were sitting in the backyard.

She smiled and I realized that was the same smile on her face that I had seen all night with her. I never had seen Naja smile so much in my life." Okay, I think I left her gift in the car." I smiled. "Girl, it's okay, you can go get it later because she's going to wait till' after she gets done playing to open her gifts."

She nodded her head and we walked over to the back porch uniting with everyone besides Geniese and Charity, who hadn't make it yet."Okay," Gold spoke. "Now that everybody's over here, including the birthday girl--"

Yeap, that's my baby, that's my baby," Smith yelled with Teyana's body on top of his shoulders with her bony legs falling past them. She had on a cute little pink jumpsuit with a pair of closed brown sandals to occupy her small little toes. Her hair was pushed into two ponytails with two pink ribbons laying ontop of both, and not to mention a button with the words Birthday Girl.

Everybody laughed including me until she started back talking. "Like I was saying. We can wish my baby a happy sixth birthday right after I light the candles." I smiled. Watching my aunty light the six candles on the Frozen themed caked. I watched my aunt turn around to Teyana and kiss her cheek, and tell her what to do after we finish saying, "Happy Birthday."

"Okay, baby, when we get done, you've got to blow out the candles with your eyes closed and make a wish." Teyana smiled with her eyes closed a little bit making her smile calm down a little.

"Okay Mommy." She then turned back around and we all began singing happy birthday to the birthday girl.

I laughed, as she covered her face just like most people did as we stood around her. Everything started to go in slow motion then, from the part of the song were we say, "How old are You?" Then she responds with her six fingers and her mouth saying, "Six." I never thought this would happen. I never thought she would fall out into a seizure right between us saying, "And many more."

****

"Oh my gosh! I can't even believe that shit happened to her," I said with tears still in my eyes, watching as the ambulance pulled away with Teyana. "That's what I'm saying, bruh. She ain't nothing but six and dealing with shit like this. I couldn't even think straight if that was happening to Milian."

I looked up at Maverick and he had truly grown up over the last year. Maybe it was Milian or maybe it was Naja. I didn't know but what I did know was that I agreed with him about Teyana.

I just wanted to sit there and cry all day about what was going on with Teyana. I wanted to be right there next to her but my parents wanted me to stay home and so did Gold and Smith until they called for us to come.

"I understand what your saying--"

"Nah, no offense, but I don't think you do. You know I been hearing a lot shit about you down in New York, Tea,"