𝐗𝐕. Road Trip

Start from the beginning

he had gone to the extent of not so subtly making her sit in the front of the car by putting heavy bags on her seat in the back. He also 'accidentally' once only booked two hotel rooms and the two had to share the same room, but to his dismay, it ended with  Harlow just sitting on a couch all night refusing to move while Klaus got the bed.

he craved for her to talk to him, yell at him, for her to even give him the slightest acknowledgement of his existence would bring satisfaction into his life. he went to the length the compel her to talk to him but when he did Harlow kept a straight face unaffected by his words, she didn't even get mad when he tried, she just let out a small scoff and walked off.

Harlow did feel slightly bad for Klaus when she wouldn't talk to him, she could see the Frustration and maybe even sadness in his eyes but she wasn't going to give this up. her brain would constantly remind her of what he had done. images of her aunt being stabbed by the very man she had to saw everyday haunted her

Harlow had sent her siblings a short message letting them know that she was leaving but after that, she didn't respond to any of their follow up texts. Harlow couldn't, she hated being with Klaus and Stefan as she followed them around the country as they went on his blood-hungry power trip.

however Harlow had gotten closer to non-humanity Stefan, he was fairly entertaining although he was a moody little crap. going off his 'bunny diet' meant that he and Klaus left a trail of gruesome murder scenes.

she had noticed Klaus getting frustrated or jealous or maybe both when Harlow would talk to Stefan in the car. it was her only form of verbal interaction and sure he was blunt but it was a hell of a lot better talking to him than Klaus.

Klaus had gone to the extent to try and shield Harlow from the gory sights that he and Stefan left behind, he would lock her in the car getting her mad hence now the broken passenger side door.

Klaus had noticed her powers as-well, he had driven himself mad researching or trying to remember anyone that could do what Harlow did but he came up blank. he had asked Harlow how she was alive but all he got was a glare. this is why the two got along in the first place they were as stubborn as each other.

"Hello?" Harlow acted innocently, looking around the outside countryside house for some poor soul to find her "hello."

a woman emerged from the house looking at Harlow "can I help you?" she propped her hip slightly glaring at the girl

Harlow was trying not to snap at the girl and her bad attitude but she put on a sickening smile as well as a southern accent for her pure entertainment purposes "I was wondering if I could use your telephone?"

Harlow then felt an arm wrap around her waist, slightly startling the girl, she looked to her attacker being no other than Klaus trying to contain a smirk "what are you doing here, babe."

Harlow let out a small agitated chuckle "well we're stuck on the side of the road and both of our phones are dead so I was just asking this kind lady if we could use hers." she gritted her teeth while speaking trying to hide her anger

"I promise we are not serial killers we just wanna use your phone," Klaus smirked at the lady showing  his rare charming personality to the slightly suspecting woman

"ironic." Harlow spoke under her breath only loud enough for Klaus to hear, she received a subtly glare for her words from the man.

the woman pressed her lips, looking at the two cautiously before speaking slowly "sure."

"so I can come in?" Klaus asked, the girl his arm still wrapped around Harlow's waist tightly to the point where she could barely breathe. Klaus basked in the action of Harlow was not yet to push him away, this was the closest the two have been in months.