𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬.

Harlow Gilbert hid

Harlow Gilbert hid.

She hid her emotions with wit, she hid her guilt with distraction and she hit her loss with isolation. Hiding was her shield, a defence she built for herself to prevent from getting hurt from all the blows the world threw at her.

Harlow was never really accepted the idea of death, the many of times her parents would explain it to her she could never grasp the concept. what gave the gods the right to decide if you went to heaven and hell. Harlow was under the influence that if you were a sinner you automatically went to hell, which she found was absolute bullshit because let's face it if that were true heaven would be empty.

so like most things Harlow hid from the idea of death, only experiencing death with grandparents funeral, they had lived their lives and welcomed death. But Harlow still hid until the concept of death hit her in the shape of her parents in the most horrendous of ways.

With air in their lungs, her parents drove off wickery bridge into a lake, the water took their air in greed and Harlow parents were never to be seen breathing again.

Niklaus Mikaelson hid as-well.

he hid his emotions with power, he hid is loneliness with victory a mere celebration with people who were too afraid to turn him down and he hid his defeat with the power of having someone's life in his hands.

Klaus Mikaelson was positive he would never die, he never intended to either. there wasn't anything he intended to do in life that he hadn't experienced. Klaus Mikaelson was achieved, confident and all-powerful.

but Klaus Mikaelson was also alone, it was something that was all-consuming and his greatest weakness. In all his life he never had someone to depend on, to conceal his feelings to, or simply have a conversation where the other persons voice didn't shake out of fear. he started to bask in that fear because that was all he had. he came to the conclusion he was forever alone, he would never have anyone but himself.

when Harlow parents died she hid by running, she ran away from her family driving miles away, hiding from her emotions, guilt and loss. Along her way she met a man, who brought her out of her hideout (quite literally) and that was when...

The man with loneliness as his weakness and the girl who hid allied creating the most divine fall from grace for the both of them.