18: Maria Kanellis

Some of the WWE superstars are going on a tour in Japan. Since you're the current Universal Champion, you're forced to go. None of the girls are coming with, so you find yourself alone on a plane speeding across the world.

After several hours the plane touches down and you scramble to get out. The breath of fresh air is refreshing, especially since it's the first time in years you've visited Japan. The last time you were here was back in your early days, going wherever the independent scene would take you.

Now you're the face of the largest wrestling company in the world, and a taxi is driving you to a 5 star hotel where you'll be staying for the duration of the 3 day tour. At least it's within walking distance of the first arena.

About an hour after your arrival, you're getting ready to go on a tour of Tokyo with the other superstars. None of you need it, of course, but it'll be a nice little bit of scenery before tearing each other apart for a few hours. Just before you're about to head out the door, your phone buzzes. Management is calling?

"Hey (Y/N), are you free at the moment?"

"Yeah, just about to head out for the tour. What's up?"

"As you might know, you're facing Andrade tonight. Since he has Zelina, you need a manager as well. Do we need to find you someone, or...?"

Hmm... you need a manager. The girls come to mind immediately, but all of them are on the other side of the world, probably fucking without you. The thought makes your little guy tingle. You've got others in mind though, so you should be fine tonight.

"Nah, I can deal with it. Thanks for the heads up," you reply casually, trying to hide your sense of frustration. How can they make you pick a girl for ringside when you've left all of the good ones back at home?!

"No problem, man. Have a great night!" They hang up the phone, and you make your way out of the hotel. Who could possibly be your partner? You don't know many of the people on this trip, seeing as many of them are superstars in NXT who need a popularity boost.

Upon entering the tour bus, you see that many of the seats are already taken. It's no surprise that you're one of the last to show up; you were taking your time to get here before getting a bullshit call from Management.

You walk past an arguing Mike and Maria Kanellis and sit next to Io Sharai at the back of the bus. You haven't actually spoken to her before, but you can recall seeing her once or twice.

"Hey, Io! It's nice to finally meet you! Name's (Y/N)," you say enthusiastically, but she glares at you. Confused, you open your mouth to speak, but she cuts you off:

"Sorry (Y/N), but can you just leave me alone right now?"

"Understood."

You get up and make your way up to the front of the bus, but Mike is walking your way. You duck into a taken row and let him pass, finally plopping down in the only other open seat: the one Mike just vacated. Maria looks livid until she sees you.

"Hi (Y/N)! Long time no see! Oh, I've missed you so much." Maria gives you an exaggerated hug, and you sit there awkwardly.

"Hey, Maria."

"You haven't changed a bit!"

"Can't say the same," you reply, sinking into your seat as she begins to ramble about her life while you weren't in it. She keeps coming back to how you're so much more of a man than Mike is and whatnot, and you try to discreetly look for another seat. There's one open next to Asuka and Kairi, but Paige takes it before you can get up.

Finally, you come to one conclusion: Tour with Maria, or no tour and no Maria. You pick the latter, and you try to respectively say you're going to the bathroom. After spending about ten minutes in the loo, you walk back outside and see that the bus is missing.