2.New Addition

School finally ended and I had never been more happy. Today was my first day of being the new manager of the Shiratorizawa boy's Volleyball team! I grabbed a granola bar out of my bag as I made my way to the gyms. I stopped in front of the doors at the sound of squeaking shoes and balls hitting the floor. God I missed this. I took off my shoes as I walked in with just my socks.

"Oh god dammit!" I yelped as my butt hit the floor with a quiet thud. The floors were slippery.

"Y/n!" I heard Tendō call out as he came running towards me. He held out his hands as he helped me up. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, yes i'm fine." I chuckled in embarrassment as I wiped off my skirt.

"What are you doing here? School is done." He asked as he checked me for injuries.

"Don't tell anyone but.. I'm your new manager!" I whispered.

"I don't think I can. Everybody already noticed you." He whispered back chuckling and I looked behind him at all the players looking at me with wide eyes.

"Uhh, well.. I'm not here!" I ran off towards the change rooms as I locked myself in. I heard the thunderous laughter as I smiled to myself. Well that was a good first impression.

I grabbed my second bag as I changed into spandex shorts and a sweater rolling up the sleeves. I grabbed my old black volleyball shoes as I gave them a quick kiss before putting them on and heading back out. I opened the door as they all seemed to be distracted by their volleyball as I made my way towards the benches.

"Hello Y/n. You ready?" I heard Coach Washijo from beside me as I smiled nodding my head.

"Listen up kids!" Coach yelled and everyone stopped what they were doing. "We have a new addition to the team! Everyone meet Y/n. Your new manager." I crossed my arms and smiled as everyone looked towards me.

"Hello y/n." Everyone yelled and bowed towards me.

"Would you like to say a few words y/n?" Coach asked me and I nodded my head before stepping up to them.

"Hello everyone. I'm very pleased to have been asked personally to be your manager. With this position I will be watching after every one of you, making sure you have the right nutrients and foods to build up muscle and stamina, having a good balance of rest and working out, as well as making sure your all doing your best! I am thankful to have this opportunity and hope to be the best for you! Thank you." You bowed your head as they all looked at you stunned.

"T-Thank you." You heard some of them stutter as they all yelled in unison. You smiled in respect as you stepped back.

"Well, what are you waiting for! Get back to work!" Coach yelled.

"Yes coach!" You watched as they all ran back to their positions as they worked on serves.

"Well y/n, welcome to the team." Your uncle hugged you before getting back to work.

You had decided to go on the stage to get a better view off all the players. But one stood out to you as he waited in the back for his turn to serve. As the gym got quiet you noticed him getting ready for a jump serve. He threw the ball in the air as he ran up to a jump making contact with the ball as a loud boom could be heard through out the gym. Your mouth fell in shock as the ball bounced towards the opposite wall of Wakatoshi. You had not expected that as you looked towards him. His face was stone as no expression was on it. You're eyebrows furrowed at this as he walked back to the end of the line.

"All right!" You yelled getting everybody's attention. "Who are our setters?" Two boys stepped up from opposite sides as they bowed.

"Kenjirō Shirabu." One of them said and you nodded as you looked at the other boy.

"Eita Semi." The other boy said.

"Alright get to your positions. Libero's?"

"K-Kai Akakura ma'am!" A small boy bowed almost hitting his head on the ground making you smile.

"Hayato Yamagata." Another boy said and you nodded.

"Positions! Now the rest of you line up. You lot are spiking." You put your hands on your hips as you looked at Coach as he winked at you. You smiled looking back to your team as you saw the amazing spikes. You watched as Tendō hit an amazing spike at Kai as he dived for the ball missing it by an inch.

"Good try Akakura!" You yelled and he nodded up to you. Next up was Wakatoshi. You watched as he tossed it to his setter, Shirabu. He set it perfectly as Wakatoshi slammed it down hitting a line shot as Yamagata couldn't even move.

"You!" You pointed to Wakatoshi as he looked up to you with his eyebrows slightly raised. "Your name." His eyebrows furrowed as if he thought I was talking to somebody else.

"Y/n, you don't know who that is?" Tendō asked surprised.

"Am I supposed to?"

"He's the top 3 Ace in Japan. How could you not." He laughed.

"Well then, why isn't he the 1st?" You crossed your arms and smiled smugly.

"Ushijima Wakatoshi." You heard his deep voice radiate through out the room as he yelled out surprising everyone, but yourself.

"Well Ushijima. I expect you to be the top ace when we get to nationals." You said. He looked taken aback before nodding his head jogging to the end of the line.

"Let's get back to work!" Coach clapped his hands. Coach smiled at you and you smiled back as he knew your secret. You knew exactly who Ushijima Wakatoshi was. You've known him ever since he was in your favourite sports magazine for the top 3 ace.

~~

"Alright everyone! Get home safe." Coach said walking out the doors.

"Yes Coach!" They all bowed and started to clean up. You worked on taking down the net as you felt a presence come up behind you.

"Yes Ushijima?" You asked.

"How'd you know it was me?" He asked expressionless once again as you finally turned towards him.

"You're aura. It's pretty dark and intimidating." You chuckled.

"Oh. I was wondering.. How did you not know who I was." He asked as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Of course I knew who you were. I've known who you were for years. I was just pulling your tail." You said and turned back to the net.

"Oh." He said and you heard his retreating steps as you shook your head at his behaviour chuckling.