Chapter 7 : A Love I Can't Admit

Start from the beginning

Akane, awoken from her trance, looked pale with the panic still visible in her eyes, "I-I'm okay..." You sighed in relief and hugged her, "Thank god. But are you sure that you're okay?"

She nodded weakly as you slowly pulled away, not wanting to see your friend in pain. You looked back at Shion while Ginoza had started talking to Akane. Shion was printing out a picture of Shougo Makishima. As soon as she had finished printing out the pictures, she handed one to you and one to Ginoza. ... Hmpf... He let his hair grow longer... although it's still as white as ever...

Ginoza turned his gaze to you and, disguising his order as a request, said, "Inspector (L/N), I'd like you to hand out these pictures to everyone in Division one." ... Even if the whole world knew what he looked like, you'll never catch him... you can't and you never will...

You nodded and helped Akane stand up again, "Yes, I'll start right away." After you had left Shions laboratory with Akane, she insisted on seeing Shinya. You reluctantly gave in since you had to go there anyway. ... I don't like Kogami, he's too invested in getting Shougo... And he doesn't seem like he would capture him rather than kill...

Shinyas room wasn't hard to find considering that you had already seen it on the moniter. As soon as you had entered the bright room, you handed Kagari and Kogami the pictures. While doing this, you thought of him, you wondered what he was doing. You already knew what he was planning on doing in the long run, but you didn't know much about how he planned to obtain it.

You sat down next to Kagari on the end of Kogamis bed.

Suddenly Kagari started making jokes and annoying the enforcer beside him. He started poking Kogamis wounds as he began asking, "Can you feel this? Or this? How much morphine did they give you anyways? Is it a legal amount? Do you think you'll be addicted to it later on?"

Kogami, who had been glaring at the picture, (without looking up) threatened, "Stop it or else."

Kagari stuck out his tongue and cheekily answered, "I'll take else." Kogami stopped glaring at the photo and started to smirk while turning his gaze over to Akane, "Kagari said you're cute."

Akane started blushing as Kagaris mouth dropped, "It's not that I meant it like that! It's just I meant it as... erm... I didn't mean it like that!" ... I hope you didn't... but I guess I can annoy him as pay back now...

You started chuckling and lightly punched Kagari, "I didn't know you had a crush on Akane, I suppose I'll have to find someone else. What a tragedy!"

Akane started laughing lightly with you as Kagari started to frown. Kogami rolled his eyes as he started inspecting the picture once again.

You couldn't help but glare at Kogami so you started to get the explaining over with, "The memory scoop of Akane was successful, as you can see we now know what Shougo looks like."

Kogami looked up from the picture, clearly suspicious from what you had said. "Why did you call him by his first name?" he questioned. With this questioned, everyone in the room started watching you, waiting fro an answer. The longer you waited, the more suspicious they got.

"Yeah, why is that (Y/N)?" Akane asked. ... Shit! What now? Think (Y/N)! Think!... You shrugged and replied, "His last name got too tiring to say, Shougo is shorter."

Kagari and Akane seemed to accept the answer but Kogami raised his eyebrow, "Really? You've never struck me as the lazy type. And since when is saying a full name such a hassle for you?"

You exhaled loudly, getting annoyed by his questioning, as you glared back at Kogami, "Well I can get lazy too so just leave it!"

"No need to get mad, Inspector (L/N)", he said while grinning from ear-to-ear, "But one must ask, why get so mad over this? Tell us, how do you feel towards Makishima? Or rather Shougo?" ...This guy is so infuriating!...