𝟬𝟰𝟬. partner in crime

Start from the beginning

The bathroom had three shower stalls side-by-side, and and the same number of sinks in a row, with the toilets on the other side, separated by a narrow wall. Jules felt absolutely exhausted, every bone in her body a deadweight dragging down her muscles. What was her mother hiding from her?

She toweled dried her citrus shampoo scented hair after her shower and crawled into bed. Everyone arose late on boxing day and no one would bat an eyelash if she stumbled into the Great Hall at noon completely famished.

That was why the eyes boring into her sleepy form as she piled lunch onto her plate six hours later were so shocking. There were gentle whispers carried throughout the hall and Calliope looked like she'd swallowed a toad at the table. "Why the fuck is everyone staring?" Jules hissed.

Calliope shrugged, trying to hide something in her hand, which Jules recognized as the Daily Prophet. "Give me that," Jules said, snatching it from her hand, only for her mouth to fall open in horror at the sight of herself on the front cover of the newspaper.

DAUGHTER OF A MURDER

Infamy comes naturally to fifteen-year-old Juliet Marlene Black. Born to infamous murder and fugitive Sirius Black, and auror Cordelia Valentine, Juliet's life was marked by tragedy when her father murdered twelve people. Evidently too young to remember anything, her mother deemed it right to grant her daughter anonymity. The question of importance here, is whether or not that was the right decision.

Juliet Black was previously known as Juliet Valentine, and was sorted into Ravenclaw like her mother. But sources say she is just like her father. "She punched my friend in the face," an anonymous student claimed. "She's got a real nasty temper, that's for sure. And she's always getting into trouble."

It seems she is an intelligent girl, as a source leaked her exam results for us. She is among the top ten students in her class and did not fail a single subject. This is not surprising considering who her mother is but we will remind you that Black himself was an intelligent student during his years at Hogwarts.

After Black's escape from Azkaban during her third year, Juliet found herself confronted by the fact that she was the daughter of a murderer, which evidently caused a rift between her and her peers. Some tell us that she has been ostracized at school due to her heritage, but some parents claim that they have a right to fear her.

"Black's got powers we can only dream of!" A parent expressed. "So why would his daughter be any different? The Blacks are all mad anyways, they're known to be very involved in dark magic, so Miss Black's got a long family line of tradition in the dark arts. I wouldn't want my daughter anywhere near her."

Her mother, auror Cordelia Valentine, refused to comment. As you all know, Miss Valentine has been an outspoken advocate for those charged with crimes, demanding that they all stand trial. She has written multiple books on wizarding laws and has had extensive healer training prior to her auror years. But the stain of the Black family will forever remain attached to her noble name.

The question really is, will Juliet Black be just like her father, or not?