𝟬𝟮𝟮. summer haze

ღ chapter twenty two( summer haze )

chapter twenty two
( summer haze )

JAM STAINED FINGERS, lips tinted with strawberry juice, Juliet Black was enjoying a warm summers day out in the veranda of the Black manor, when a familiar owl the size of her fist sailed through the air, dropping an envelope in her lap, and perching on the table next to her. Wiping her fingers on a napkin, she scrambled to open the letter.

Dear Jules,
How has you summer been? It's been busy here at the Burrow. Anyways, I'm writing to say that dad has gotten us all tickets to the Quidditch world cup on the eighteenth of August (two weeks from now!), and that of course, you're invited, though I understand if you would like to spend some time with your father instead. Miss you!
Yours truly,Ron

Jules screamed loudly, causing Sirius to appear in the veranda with a pop, looking concerned. "Everything all right?"

He looked far healthier, a little more than a month of Cordelia insisting he ate more, and a nice two dozen showers and some shaves doing him some good. He'd filled out a little more, and gained some weight, and even if he still didn't look like the man in the pictures, he didn't look like a shell of a human being anymore. This man laughed, smiled, sat next to Jules until she fell asleep every night, and had brought sparkle back to Cordelia in multiple ways, including the Valentine heirloom ring that now twinkled on her finger.

The proposal had been just the three of them together. Sirius had attempted to make dinner, but had burned it, which meant that Mrs. Weasley had sent over a full course meal, so everything was perfect. Sirius had asked Jules permission beforehand, and she'd gotten the ring altered for him when she met up with Calliope at Diagon Alley for a bit of shopping to make it look less old-fashioned.

Cordelia had cried tears of happiness as soon as she saw Sirius on one knee, and had screamed yes before he could even ask properly. The wedding was rushed; Sirius had proposed two weeks ago, and the wedding was a week from today. 

"Ron got me a ticket to the Quidditch World Cup," Jules beamed. "It's in two weeks."

Sirius immediately looked relieved. "Oh. That. Molly wrote about that weeks ago to ask permission, of course Delia and I said yes. Have your friends written about being able to stay for a week after the wedding? We have more than enough space."

"Four for four," Jules grinned. "Are you excited?"

"Very," Sirius smiled, plopping into a chair next to Jules, only to hear hissing. He stood up, confused, only to spot Juno, who had been curled up in that very spot. Jules suppressed a giggle, pulling the cat into her own arms to leave space for Sirius. "What classes are you taking?"