Michael jogged to catch up with me and we began walking down the cobblestone path, as I tried my best not to get my heels caught in any of the gaps.

"You do look nice, Alex," He said, looking me up and down. "I don't think I've ever seen you in a nice dress like this."

"Did you not fuckin' see me at Arthur's wedding?" I asked, my annoyance growing by the second.

"Oh, yeah," He mumbled, trailing off. I looked over to see what had finally shut him up, only to see him staring at me.

"What the fuck do you want?" I glared at him, trying to keep my composure as we approached the mansion.

"Nothing," He mumbled, his eyes firmly on my chest. "They're a bit... exposed, aren't they?"

Shocked by his forwardness, I couldn't help but let out a loud laugh, "Fuck you! I'm trying to make a good impression on the twins."

"So you brought your own twins," Michael mumbled with a smirk. "You'll definitely make an impression with them."

Stopping in my steps, I grabbed his arm and tightened my grip on it. "You do know I'm married to your cousin, don't you?"

His eyes darted around. "Uh-"

"And he would cut your tongue out if he heard what you just said," I continued, my tone grave. "I would do it myself, but I don't want to get blood on my new dress." Letting go of his arm, I carried on walking towards the building, Michael slowly following behind.

Just as we reached the fountain in front of the huge manor, the front doors opened. I instinctively held my breath, preparing to be faced by the worst. Michael and I walked past the fountain and towards the door, and I saw that there was a small old lady watching us with narrow eyes.

"Do you belong to this club?" She asked, tilting her head as she looked up at Michael.

He glanced at me before replying, "Uh no. My name's Michael Grey-"

"If you don't belong to the club, you can't come in," She cut him off curtly, looking over at the guards to the side of her who looked ready to attack at any moment.

"I'm Alexandra Shelby," I introduced, offering the woman a small smile as I put on my London accent. "I own a few clubs in Central."

"Good for you, dear," She replied with fake sincerity, her nose turned up at us. "No membership, no entry. We don't let just anyone in, you know."

"We're here to see the Mallows," Michael say, growing visibly frustrated. "I have an appointment with them."

The woman's face dropped at his words and she blinked a few times. "Oh. Can I take your name, Sir?"

"Yes," He said through gritted teeth. "It's Michael. Fuckin'. Grey."

I let out a quiet snort while looking down at the ground.

The woman looked through a small notebook before her eyes widened, her entire demeanour shifting. "Of course, they're expecting you!" She exclaimed, the sudden and complete change in her attitude slightly terrifying me. "Do come in- the boys are waiting for you!"

If I thought the outside of the mansion looked nice, the inside was a palace. Crystal chandeliers hung from the high ceilings, expensive paintings sat on the walls, and pristine regal furniture filled the space. We followed the woman through a reception area where a few men were standing with drinks in their hands, and outside onto the green fields.

"Just this way," She called out sweetly, leading us over to a golf course which had a small sectioned off area cut off by a gate. Opening it and leading us through, there were two men with their backs to us as she softly spoke. "Master Mallow, your guests are here to see you."