2.

"Luella! You made it! Was it hard to find?" Nick engulfed me in a warm hug and I smiled. "It wasn't hard to find at all. I live around 5 minutes from here."
He pulled me inside and hung my coat on the rack. "Come on in. Do you want a cup of tea?"
I nodded gladly, it was cold outside and I had only been in a skirt and a t-shirt with a coat. As I walked into the living room, I found John sitting on the sofa with thick glasses on, magnifying his honey brown orbs. He shyly looked at my legs and scanned all the way up, ending with my face. His cheeks had turned crimson by now and I greeted him, sitting down next to him.
"I didn't know you had glasses." I said as I studied them. He nodded and took them off to hold them out for me. "I really need them but don't wear them as often as I should."
I held them in front of my eyes and raised my eyebrows. "Jeez, this is strong! Can you even see me sitting in front of you?"
John chuckled softly. "You're blurry but I can still see you." I gave him his glasses back and he put them on. "Now I can see you properly again. Wouldn't want to miss seeing you though."
It seemed as if John was also shocked by what he said and he looked down. I blushed but took his hand. "No one ever told me that. Thank you, that was so sweet."

Nick came in and John hurriedly pulled his hand out of my grip.
"Don't bother." Nick chuckled in his low voice. "As if I didn't see the whole hand-on-knee thing happening yesterday. John's been my best friend for years now. He should know I see through him." He said to me as he placed the cup of tea on the coffee table. John smiled and took hold of my hand again. Nick went upstairs to get the tapes and I turned to John again.
"You really need to tell me some more about these things! How long have you and Nick known each other for?"
"Since we were young lads. Nick formed Duran Duran together with me. Now I want to know everything about you. You didn't tell me much about yourself while you're interested in us."
I shivered softly and sat a little bit closer to John. "There's not much interesting to tell you. I live with my sister and older brother and my parents. Quit school this year to start working at the Rum Runner. Don't know what to do with my life. That's about it."
John sighed and grabbed a blanket for me. "Any hobbies?
I thanked him and nodded. "Drawing, writing, playing piano and photography."

"I like you!!" Nick yelled as he walked into the living room. "Piano equals keyboards and synths, photography is also one of my hobbies. I think you're my long lost sister." He laughed.
We all erupted in laughter and soon as it died down, Nick started one of their tapes. As I listened, my smile grew and I was really enjoying it. "Frick, this is good!!" I exclaimed. "You guys are going to get so big with this! I really like this vibe you have going on here."
Both Nick and John smiled widely. "Thank you!"
I sipped my tea and we listened some more before we got lost in time with talking about their music and everything they could do.

By the time we had listened to all their tapes I was leaning against John while he had his arm firmly around my shoulders. At first we were both tense, but as time passed, we grew more comfortable and I was almost asleep with my head leaning on his shoulder. I had my eyes closed and was breathing softly, I was so close to falling asleep. John's thumping heartbeat somehow comforted me even more and just before I fell into a slumber I heard Nick whisper, "Should we bring her home? I don't think my parents would appreciate coming home to an unknown girl sleeping on the sofa. No offence though, she could stay here if they wouldn't be coming home."
John sighed before speaking up. "But can't she stay in your bedroom then? Don't you have a spare mattress? It's a sleepover like we usually have but with Luella too. Please?"
"John, this is a girl. You need to realise that." Nick whispered harshly.
John chuckled. "No surprise there, Nicholas. Do you realise that we're adults? We're 18 and 20 years old. I think you should reconsider and keep in mind that we're not 15 years old anymore. Tell your parents she's with me and it'll be fine."
"Fine." Nick groaned.

John gently shook me and I opened my eyes. "Hey, do you want to stay here? Nick's got a spare mattress. I really don't want you to get cold anymore and you're tired."
I sat up and shook my head. "No, I really don't want to be a bother. I'll just go home." I prepared to get up but John held my hand to stop me.
"Please?" John whispered. I smiled at his desperate attempt to let me sleep over and agreed. "Okay then, but no funny business. I want to sleep. No more, no less. I'm going to call my parents then. Nick, where's your phone?" I asked and Nick walked me over to the phone. Before I dialled the number, he put his hand on my shoulder and whispered, "John is really desperately wanting to spend as much time with you so you can become his girlfriend faster. Give him some time, please. He isn't particularly over his ex, who was also his first. I can sense he's head over heels and you are too, but take it slow for your own sake, yeah?"
I nodded and thanked him. "I will, trust me. He's my first actually, so I need to calm down."
Nick smiled and told me they were going upstairs. After I had phoned my parents, I also walked up the stairs and blushed as I saw Nick and John getting a bed ready for me.
"I can do that on my own, just go get ready for bed." I whispered. Both of them shook their heads. "No you're the guest here. We can't do that to you. Go get ready yourself."
Nick showed me to the bathroom and gave me a pair of pyjamas to sleep in.

When I was done, I went back to Nick's bedroom to see them also dressed in their pyjamas. "We're just going to brush our teeth. Make yourself comfortable." Nick smiled and they stood up.
I sat down on the bed and looked around his room. It was filled with Polaroids and artistic things. It wasn't really big, so mine and John's bed weren't far away from each other. That really made me nervous. I would be sleeping with two boys for the night.
John and Nick came back in and pulled me out of my thoughts. Nick turned off the lights and they both got in bed.
"Night." John whispered. Nick and I responded and I closed my eyes.
After a while I felt John's hand search for mine. I instantly pulled my hand from under the covers and held it tightly, smiling to myself.
"Night, John." I whispered quietly.