21. Misunderstood

Start from the beginning

"Are you sure that he heard you?" Sumire said raising an eyebrow.

"I think so."

"SO, all you can do now is confronting him when he returns to attend school and tell him your true feelings to him. I think this will resolve this misunderstanding."

"Also, you can ask for Mitsuo's help. After all, he said that you can call him whenever needed." Houjou added.

"Hmmm. I think that should do the trick. I need to talk to Mitsuo now."

I was searching for Mitsuo when I found Kimura and the others. I need to ask them about yesterday. So, I approached them and said, "Hello guys, I just nee—"

"Uh guys" Kimura said gathering the others, "The bell will ring soon, we should go to the class." As Kimura finished, they literally started running from me. Strange. Were they running from me? Something is definitely fishy.

The bell rang and I had to go to the classroom. After school, I finally met Mitsuo. I told him to meet in the abandoned plot.

*

He was sitting in the wooden blocks when I arrived at the abandoned plot. When he saw me, he said, "Hey Takagi, how may I help you?"

"The thing is" I said, "I need your help to resolve the misunderstanding between me and Nishikata."

"Oh" his face darkened and said, "What happened between you two?"

"After he heard your proposal, he has just vanished from the school. He has blocked me, and I did not see him when I went to his home. His mother said that he was in a class. So, I think he is angry. Can you please help me to tell him the truth?"

"Sure thing. When should I do it?"

"I think he should join the school tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. We should do it then."

I smiled at him and said, "Thanks Mitsuo, it will really help me."

He weakly smiled and said, "Anything for a friend."

I waved at him and started to walk towards the road. Mitsuo followed my example and started towards the road.

I just had taken a few steps when I stepped on something circular. I felt it slip beneath my leg, making me lose my balance. I had almost fallen, when I felt a strong grip in my hand, pulling me. The next moment, I found myself in between Mitsuo's arm, close to his lips. Unlike Nishikata, Mitsuo could balance himself even if he pulled me. It seemed like Mitsuo will kiss me, because he was slowly moving forwards. I was shocked, not able to move a bit. In my mind, I thought about pulling out, I only loved Nishikata after all, but, I was not able to move, only letting him do what he was doing. He would have kissed me, but the screeching sound of tires made us face towards the road, still in that position. There was a car standing on the road and a person lying on the road. The car probably hit the person. But when that person got up, I thought how unlucky I was. Of all other people, it was Nishikata. I instantly separated from Mitsuo and ran towards him while he got up. I asked him, "Nishikata, are you Ok? I uh just..."

He sighed and bowed to the driver and said, "I am sorry, I was just inattentive and did not notice you coming."

"From next time, pay attention to the roads, it could have killed you." The driver said.

He bowed and let the car pass.

"Nishikata, did you see anything?" I asked, with a frown in my voice.

He smiled and said, "What are you talking about?" He glanced at Mitsuo, who was sweating heavily and lightly blushing and said, "Did I interfere in something?"

"No, no, please come here."

I dragged him to Mitsuo and said, "Nishikata, he is Mitsuo. He is a senior and has become a good friend of mine."

Mitsuo stretched his hands and said, "Yamaoka Mitsuo"

He shook his hand and said, with a smile filled with attitude, "Yuki Nishikata"

He smiled. He continued and said, "It's nice to meet you Mitsuo. I should get going; I have a class to attend. You people should continue. And Mitsuo, Best of luck." He gave him thumbs up like Nakai and started walking towards the road.

I said, "What about your health? How are you an—" he did not let me finish. He was tryung to leave as quickly as possible. Is he...avoiding me?

"Let's talk about it in school. I will take tomorrow off and meet you the day next." He smiled and saw my face once more.

"Ok...Take care." I said, as he went out of sight.

After he left, I blushed hard. Was the thumbs up meant for Mitsuo and me? As far as I know, Nakai use this thumbs up to me and Nishikata. That means he thinks....

I turned to Mitsuo and said, with sheer anger in my voice, "WHAT JUST HAPPENED?! WHY THE HELL WERE YOU KISSING ME?"

Mitsuo was really scared seeing my angry side. He stuttered, "I-I j-just couldn't stop myself. When you were so close, I just couldn't stop the urge to kiss you. I am extremely sorry Takagi. Please forgive me."

"Mitsuo, now Nishikata thinks that we make out after school. How am supposed to convince him that it is not what it looks like? How am I ever going to confess to him like this?" I was in tears and started crying.

"Don't worry Takagi, I will talk to him. If necessary, I will apologize for interfering between you two. Let's go behind him NOW!"

"No luck, he would be home by the time we get there and mother will shoo us off saying that he is in a class."

"Then, we have no choice left except for waiting for Saturday."

I nodded in agreement. I thought, 'Nishikata, please do not do anything stupid until you come to school on Saturday. Please let me explain that I love you."

thanks for the 3.6K views and 100+ votes!!!

Till then

Stories_with_arka