2. I Lose Again

Nishikata's POV

I was walking towards the abandoned plot. Man I was excited. I have calculated the ETA of Takagi perfectly. According to my calculation, if I keep walking at this pace, I should reach there before Takagi. There, I earn my first score. Then, I give her this box and say that I purchased a gift for her. Then, when she opens it, I am sure she will blush this time. I am the best.

As I turned the corner, I found that Takagi was not there. Eureka! I have beaten her. After all these years of struggle, I finally managed to beat her and that also in her own challenge. I shouted loudly, "Ha-ha, Takagi, you did not beat me this tim—"

"BOOM?!" someone shouted from behind, I jumped and fell on my back, facing the culprit. I was bewildered, frustrated as well as somewhat happy to see Takagi standing in front of me and laughing her lungs out."

"Oh Nishikata" She said between laughs "your reactions are so funny."

"Laugh all you want Takagi, because, I have finally beaten you in your own game"

She stopped her laughing, looked at me teasingly and said. "Are you sure about that?"

"Well, y-yeah" I stammered "you were not here when I got here."

"Then tell me this, how did I manage to get behind you? You were facing the road after all."

"You could sneak behind me anytime, its dark as well."

"No idiot, I was always here. I even saw the proud look on your face when you first arrived here." She said and started to laugh again "I was hiding behind the barrels"

"But-but how could you reach here before me?"

"I never said I was in my house..."

"WHAT?! That means,"

"That means I was standing on the road when I called you. You are so funny,"

Really, I was that funny, Takagi had managed to tease me again, and she did it from the time she returned. She is indeed becoming an expert.

"Here, get up." She said and gave her hand. I grabbed it and stood up

"Uh, Nishikata" She said "You are holding my hand see"

Oh my god, Noo. I immediately pulled my hand and blushed heavily, while Takagi started to laugh again.

"Nishikata" She said while laughing "You know that your face is fully red?"

"Hahaha so funny."

"So as for your punishment..."

"But before that, I have a gift for you"

"Is that so?"

"Here, take it" I handed the box to her.

"Nishikata, its looks like the box of an engagement ring"

I again started to blush. "W-what?" I stammered "n-no it's not an engagement ring, it's just a surprise for you"

"Oh, so you got it to surprise me" she opened the box and the small air bomb I affixed got off. Boom.

"And you really thought you would surprise me with this?" She said "Awww. So cute, Nishikata"

"Well I-uh just kind—"

"So about your punishment, I will give you two options."

"Go ahead"

"First, you will have to have a sleepover at my house and second I will have a sleep over at your house. The vacation has almost ended, so, it will be fun. Besides, I could always help you in your homework."