Broken Heart

TP POV:

Jungkook was currently sitting on the royal lounge as the night had befallen. it was after his grand entrance to the royal palace. but it seems even all of this grandeur had not beseeched the princess's attention. he had become yet another common suitor as of those before him. the princess had not even spared him a glance afterward. the genie had made the extra effort in so none of the people would know of his true identity. it was within his wish that his street rat identity should be forever forgotten. But seems as though all the effort had been in vain.

the disheartened new prince sat at the plush red sofa and awaited should one of the royals call for him. preferably the princess. the genie was in a corner sadly looking at the poor lamp master unable to do anything about his situation. Jimin had long gone to fulfill his duties so as to not anger his employer. and as for the carpet, it has, well... disguised itself as a normal carpet in the palace. there was a thick silence around the luxurious room and it was almost becoming suffocating for the always sunshine genie.

this gloom had to be put to a stop and so, the genie decided to put things into his own hands. "Alright boy! that's enough of your sap! you need to win the princess's heart and sitting around here will not get you anywhere!" the purple genie snapped. Jungkook was startled out of his thoughts at the sudden outburst. "well what am I suppose to do?!" the new prince asked.

"talk to her, persuade her. don't sit around moping and charm her! be the man she needs, you bafoon!" the genie scolded. Jungkook looked at the latter in disbelief. "did you just call your master a bafoon?" he remarked astonished. genie scoffed. "no master of mine mopes around because his crush didn't give him attention" the genie huffed. "fine! I'm going!" the former street rat scoffed out.

he walked to the main hall not forgetting to keep the lamp with him at all costs. he asked a servant to point him in the direction of the princess's chambers and strode towards it. the raven knocked on the large wooden doors and waited for his permission to enter.

"who is it?" he heard the honey voice of the princess. "it is me your highness, prince Jungkook. may I request of your audience?" he humbly asked. the genie quacking inside the lamp. "enter prince" as soon as those words were heard the new prince swiftly walked into the room.

upon his entrance, he could see the princess sitting on a sofa petting her pet tiger whom he had come to know is named Raja. the raven slowly walked in and bowed to the lady. "what is the reason for your visit prince?" the princess asked, still very skeptical and defensive in his presence. "I wish to ask your permission" the raven announced. "my permission for what exactly?" the princess asked confused. "the permission to court you, my lady. it may not look like it but, I indeed do fancy you very much. It would be a great privilege to have permission to court you. I assure you, your highness, I will try my utmost best to woo you" the raven declared, pouring in all his sincerity. he could hear the genie yelling 'attaboy' from inside the lamp but chose to ignore it.

the princess was shocked and touched at the speech, that much she could admit. "I admire your sincerity and affection prince Jungkook. But I'm afraid I'm not what you expect me to be." the princess answered solemnly. "It is not of what I expect but of what you expect of me, my princess. please give me the chance to prove myself worthy of you" the raven requested desperately. the princess's heart ached at the look in the man's eyes, but there was nothing she could do. "it isn't that something is wrong with you prince Jungkook. It's that my heart belongs to someone else." she explained. it hurt to see the man's heart shatter before her eyes, but it had to be done. "can I not even have a chance to compete against him?" the prince said heartbroken. the genie feeling sad for the younger.