十九

(beginning note from author: hi guys, i'm soooo sorry but this chapter is pAcked with dialogues because asahi and akari need to talk things out
BUT pLeaSe stayyy for this chapter because it has really important info about how the book is gonna progress,
well, i mean, if you're still gonna wanna continue this book :/// i really hope you do though!!)

"Where have you been?" I was abruptly cut off from my thoughts. 

"I've been looking for you everywhere!" 

I glanced up only to see Asahi's shocked face as he sat down. 

"Wae? Why are you crying? No, don't!" He panicked. 

"Sahi..." I muttered. "Did you remember coming here when you were eleven years old?" 

"Wae? What's with the random...YA! Akari. You were...that girl?!" Asahi stammered. 

"Ne," I looked down. 

"B-B-But...Huh?!" Asahi stuttered. "I-I saved y-you?" 

"We met b-before all this?" 

"Ne."

Asahi leaned back as he looked at me. 

"Akari!" Asahi suddenly shouted.

"Wae?" I laughed.

"We're so meant to be," Asahi gushed as I rolled my eyes. 

"Ya, don't be weird," I smacked him as he burst out in giggles. 

"I'm joking."

"Maybe." He whispered. 

I heard that. 

"Anyways, why did you apologise to me just now? And wae did you cry?! Do you know how worried I was? Ai shi te ru, whatever you do I'll be here for you."

"Ya, that's nothing. I was just feeling emo-" I lied.

"I'm going for a walk," I stood up but he grabbed my shirt. 

"Ya, I know you're lying to me," he stood up.

"I'm not! I swear-" Asahi placed his hand over my mouth.

"You can't swear Miss Yoshida, you're christian," Asahi smirked. 

I paused for a moment as I gazed into his eyes. 

"I know I'm handsome, but is there a need to gaze at me so intensely?" Asahi teased. 

"Ya!" I snapped out of it as I blushed and ran along the beach. 

"Come back here!" Asahi yelled as he ran swiftly behind me. 

"Ani!" I smiled. 

"YA!" He yelled as he tackled me and we fell on the sand. 

"Ani, ani, ani, ani! Jjinja! ANI! ASAHI-AH!" I screamed as Asahi tickled me from head to toe. 

"ASAHI!" I tickled him back but he was immune to my tickles. 

"FINE I'LL TELL YOU!" I cried while laughing as he dusted the sand off his palms.

"It's so easy to make you do stuff," he smirked as I poked his stomach and he winced. 

"So, tell me," Asahi neatened my fringe.

Every time. It happened every time. Every time Asahi was this close. 

My heart beats like crazy and my cheeks literally heat up. I could feel it. 

"You look so cute when you blush-" Asahi whispered and coughed abruptly. 

"I mean, you look STUPID when you blush!" Asahi smirked as I rolled my eyes. 

"Do you wanna hear a secret?" Asahi asked.

"Hai."

(hai = yes in japanese)

"I like someone."

"Who?"

"You."

My heart did a back flip as I turned to him and flashed him a shocked face. 

"I'm kidding." Asahi laughed. 

"Not." He whispered. 

"Stupid joke," I laughed awkwardly. 

It isn't a joke Akari. 

"Asahi I'm sorry." Tears rolled down yet again. 

"Ya! Why are you crying again?!" Asahi embraced me tightly as I cried on his shoulder.

"Take my sleeve, dry your tears!" He demanded as he shoved his hoodie sleeve onto my wet eyes. 

"Why are you so good to me?" I whispered. 

"What do you mean? Of course I'm good to you. I like-I like to treat people nicely so they do the same back to me," he coughed.

"I can't love you Asahi." I blurted out.

"Nani?" Asahi questioned.

"I know...I know you like me." I looked down.

"It was a joke Akari! Don't take it seriously-" He insisted.

"I like you too Asahi. But...I can't leave Haruto."

Asahi straightened up as he continued, "Go on."

"Look, Haruto has been beside me since I was young. Our parents are close, my mother has a good impression of Haruto...He's basically the perfect guy for me. I don't know..."

"You don't know how to leave him." Asahi stated. 

"I'm sorry," I turned to him. "I know this is unfair for you."

"Akari, do you want to know how I think?" Asahi asked. 

As I nodded, he started, "Well, when I met you, I knew I liked you."

"Do you remember how we met?" 

"I snapped fairy sentences at you? I kind of...roasted you?" I hid a smile.

He laughed. "Yeah."

"You were the first girl to do that to me. I...it was probably love at first sight. But...I understand what's happening with you and Haruto. I've been watching you guys. My love has kinda faded Akari. I have chosen to given up my love for you. It's not your fault, but really, do whatever your heart tells you to. If you choose to stay with Haruto, I give you my blessings." 

He then turned to me and smiled. 

"I love you no matter what." 

(author's note: OH MY GOD. my heart just did 500000 front flips while writing this. i love asahi so much irl and also in this book. akari!! you need to see who's always there for you!!! and who's the most precious person in the world!!!!!!!!!! peace out! -wen:D)