< next day after school >

"Choi Hyun Suk!" I shouted behind a familiar figure.

Hyun Suk didn't turn around. Instead, he started walking faster. 

"Ya! Are you deaf?" I yelled and ran forward to him.

He still didn't turn his head and continued walking.

I grabbed his arm and stopped him from walking. I turned him around as he smiled awkwardly at me. 

"Why are you avoiding me?" I asked. 

"Wait. Wrong question. Why did you leave me hanging yesterday?!" I demanded.

"Um. Busy," Hyun Suk stuttered.

"Choi Hyun Suk! I don't believe you. You're so nice- I mean. Jjinja, just tell me the real reason!" I rolled my eyes. 

"Asahi-" Hyun Suk started then he stopped. 

"What?" I prompted.

"Asahi told me not to go," Hyun Suk muttered. 

"WHAT?!" I demanded. Asahi Hamada told Hyun Suk to ditch me?

"Why did that jerk ask you to ditch me?" I questioned.

"Ya, don't get mad...I think he likes you and he doesn't want me to go out with you," Hyun Suk mumbled. 

"He likes me?" I scoffed. "Fun fact: he hates me."

"That annoying shit. I'm going to kill him." I growled under my breath as I stomped away.

"Wait! Akari don't!" Hyun Suk called behind me. 

"Please! Akari Yoshida!" Hyun Suk screamed. 

"Asahi Hamada!" I yelled as I saw him emerge from the corner. Before I could stomp up to him, someone dragged me into the classroom.

"Akari, Asahi is with his ex," Ye Dam said as he pulled me into the classroom and told me to shut up. 

"So?" I challenged. I needed to get my revenge.

"So, don't go there! I'm not lying, Asahi's ex is hella scary," Ye Dam muttered as he closed the door silently. "And she keeps coming back to Asahi, she can't get over him. I'm not sure why either." 

"You know what he did?" I asked Ye Dam. "He told Choi Hyun Suk to ditch me that day when we planned to go out. Hyun Suk says it's probably because he's jealous. I say it's probably because he hates me." I rolled my eyes. 

"Did you..." Ye Dam bit his lip. "Nevermind..."

"Ya, nani?" I asked. 

"Did you see his drawing book?" Ye Dam stuttered.

"Nah, that's lame." 

"Forgive me for saying this Asahi...Akari, the drawing of the girl in her drawing book is you." Ye Dam said. Wait what?

"What do you mean...Wait...What?" I stuttered.

"He drew you Akari." Ye Dam stated simply. 

"Wae?" I asked, still shocked.

"No one knows. But I'm sure you get what I'm trying to say." Ye Dam continued. 

"By the way, if you get what I mean and you feel the same way, or even if you don't, I suggest you stay away from him. His ex, her name is Ji Eun and she's gonna do whatever it takes to snatch Asahi back. And no ones messes with Park Ji Eun." Ye Dam warned. 

All of a sudden, I had a certain urge to help Asahi. I just felt like...like I owned him something. 

I pushed open the door in a hurry, and Ye Dam instantly grabbed my hand. "Kari, you can't go." 

"I need to." I said as I removed his hand and ran out of the classroom. 

"Ya, Hamada!" I yelled as I walked forward. 

Beside him stood a girl with brown hair, tied up in a ponytail. Her facial features were proportionate, and her figure was almost like any korean idol. I wondered why Asahi wouldn't want to be with someone like her. 

"Who is this?" Ji Eun questioned as I walked towards Asahi.

"A friend." Asahi stated coldly. Woah, it was the first time I ever saw him acting so cold, he never spoke like that to me before, much less Hyun Suk or Ye Dam. 

"Oh, hi. Sorry, but Asahi and I are trying to like...talk in private?" Ji Eun hinted as I chuckled.

"Yeah, sorry, I was just looking for Asahi, because you know...we're kind of dating," I smiled. Asahi took my hand and squeezed it, almost hinting for me to stop it. 

"So this was why you don't like me anymore? It's her?" Ji Eun asked. 

"Yeah," I answered on behalf of Asahi. I need to help him.

"Little bitc-" Ji Eun cursed under her breath as she raised her fist and slammed it into my face. As I touched my cheek, a red substance stained the tips of my fingers as I winced in pain. 

"Stop it, Park Ji Eun. Get lost! Now." Asahi growled.

"I will. But don't forget what you did to my older sister Asahi Hamada. You still owe us. And I like you. So you're obliged to be with me," I heard Ji Eun demand as she stomped away. 

Blood trickled down my jawline as I groaned. 

As I stood up, Asahi furrowed his eyebrows and screamed, "Why did you freaking interfere?!"

"I was just helping..." I muttered, afraid to look him in the eyes.

"Yeah well, thanks for nothing! All you did was mess it all up! Why the hell did you even come?!" Asahi raised his voice as he screamed down at me. 

His face was flushed red and pain shot through me. I was merely just trying to help, why did he have to shout at me like that?

"I'm sorry Asahi," I stammered.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry! All you do is say sorry! Quit acting like the victim Akari Yoshida! You merely just lost Haruto Watanabe and you're in a mess now! You're freaking pathetic!" Asahi blurted out. How could he speak of Ruto that way? 

"Yeah I know Asahi Hamada. I only lost Haruto. Because of you! It's you! If Haruto was here, none of this would have happened. I HATE YOU. You're the cause of all my pain, and now, I have to tolerate your criticism too?! I'm SICK of it Asahi. I'm SICK of you!" I screamed as I turned away and ran. 

I was running. From the person I used to like. Now...where to? I didn't know. As if I could run all the way to where Haruto was living now and complain to him about life. No, I couldn't. 

"Akari! Why are you crying?! Who hurt you?! Didn't I tell you to take care of yourself?!" 

I looked up.

haruto.