𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐩 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐧𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬

Group of Snakes

Group of Snakes

The group of Slytherins sat grouchily in the Great Hall. It was the first day of classes and they were waiting for their head of house to pass out the timetables for the year.

Adhara was irritated, partially because she was forced out of bed at such an early time, but also because she had a run-in with Gryffindor bullies.

"I swear if those fucks don't learn how to leave you alone, I'll be sent to Azkaban for a very long time," Jaxon mumbled angrily into a piece of buttered toast.

"It hasn't even been a day back and they're already attacking you, Addie, you need to report it to the headmaster," Amethyst says as she bites into her apple.

Adhara scoffs, "Yeah so he can do what? The last time I went to him he said it must have been some kind of misunderstanding. I'm pretty sure he even gave them house points!"

"The only way they'll ever learn is if we bash their heads in. I bet they won't come near you then," Evan says as he puts his arm around Adhara, but Regulus instantly moves his arm and replaces it with his own, making Evan roll his eyes.

"I know you made me promise not to hurt anyone this year, but I swear Addie, if it happens again-," Regulus started.

"You won't do anything Regulus, and I mean it. None of you will. I can fight my own battles, and I don't need my best friends or brother going to Azkaban because of that group of cretins. I'll be fine, I appreciate you guys but please, don't get into any more fights," she tells her friends. They all grumble and roll their eyes but eventually give in and agree.

Suddenly, a balding old man with a large belly approaches the group.

"Hello students, ready for the new year I presume," Professor Slughorn says to the group, and they all nod in response.

"Very well here are your timetables. I look forward to seeing your work this year Adhara, you were one of my best last year! I hope to see you attend our Slug Club meetings," he beams enthusiastically.

"Yes, of course, professor," Adhara replies politely. Slughorn nods and goes on to finish handing out the rest of the timetables.

"He always praises you Addie, it's almost as if he has a crush on you," Jaxon jokes making the group chuckle.

Adhara rolls her eyes and hits Jaxon on the arm making him screech.

"Shut up you arse, it's not my fault I'm great at potions and you're horrid," she says.

Jaxon rubs his arm and looks over to Amethyst who was giggling, "She hit me, hit her back!" he says. Amethyst goes to hit Adhara but quickly turns back around and hits Jaxon on his other arm.