𝟬𝟭𝟱. spring flowers

Start from the beginning

"S'ok," Jules mumbled, nibbling on the tip of her quill, forgetting that it was used, leaving ink stains trailed on her lips. Hermione smiled softly, as Jules rolled her eyes. "Mum didn't know he betrayed them until after it happened. Harry's angry, isn't he?"

Hermione bit her lip. "A little. Mainly due to the fact that his godmother kept it a secret. He owled her, and she told him that you didn't know until Halloween."

"Hell of a thing to keep a secret, but she managed to do it," Jules shrugged, flipping a page and scouring it for more information on antidotes for the Potions essay they were completing together. The weather remained bitterly cold, and the drafty castle didn't help, especially in places with high ceilings such as the library. "There's an interesting book up in the tower about antidotes that I think will be useful, want to go work there?"

Hermione nodded. "I nicked some sandwiches from the Great Hall earlier, thought we might get hungry and not want to go eat dinner with everyone else."

"I have a whole stash of sweets in my dorm we can eat as well," Jules smirked, as the two girls packed up their things and set off towards Ravenclaw tower. She led the way, the Gryffindor following as they made their way through various corridors and up many flights of stairs, to reach the highest tower in the castle.

The eagle shaped knocker spoke as soon as she approached. "What can fill a room, but takes up no space?"

It took her a second, before the answer came. "Light!"

The door swung open, and Hermione stated in bewilderment. "You solved that one fast," she whispered, as she followed Jules into the Ravenclaw common room, crossing the circular room to the other side. Big windows overlooked the school grounds, which were currently coated in grey ice. Jules was searching one of the shelves, letting out a triumphant sound when she found the book she was looking for.

"The riddles repeat," Jules explained, as they continued to climb up the stairs to the third year girls dormitory, which was at the very top of the tower, and currently empty. Everyone else was at dinner. "That's mine," she added, pointing to the bed nearest to the large bay window. The window seat was currently occupied by two stacked piles of books. Jules dug through her trunk for the small bag of sweets she'd stashed there after her mother has sent a large basket for Valentine's Day.

The two climbed into Jules' bed and spread out their diagrams once again. "I hate Snape," she grumbled.

"Which Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, or, Hufflepuff doesn't?" Hermione giggled breathily. "I do well in his class because it's basically logic."

"I have decent grades too! He just really has it out for me. My mum and dad went to school with him, he was in their year, along with Professor Lupin. Apparently he was a greasy git back then too."

"Professor Lupin went to school with your parents?" Hermione questioned, surprised.

"So did Lily and James, Harry's parents. You know, Lupin is actually my godfather, I only found that out over Christmas," she admitted. "He likes Harry more though, I think, but my mass murdering father is his godfather."

"They can't all be very old then, your mum is only about 34, she had you at 20? And Lily had Harry at 21."

"Mum always said that she and her friends were a couple of kids pretending to be adults. Most of them died young as well, being a member of a secret army had it's risks, and they were murdered as a result. My godmum was murdered by vengeful Death Eaters."

"You keep wincing. Do you have another headache?" Hermione asked kindly. Juliet had started getting piercing headaches recently, in the last couple of weeks. It was nothing some pain relieving tonic her mother sent over couldn't solve.